OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used letter bomb to install homebrew as an IOS I think, I had a 4.3 WII ><

Anyway I am so lost on what to install.

I want to play WII,WII ware and GC games off USB.

I'd like a good save game/mii ultitiy as well

Is there anything you can install to use the WII mote on bootmii?

There is really nothing else I want, tho on a side note is there any untitlty on the PC to configer the WII mote to work with games and such? One that can translate motion into buttons,ect.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
You can't use the Wiimote on Bootmii, since MINI doesn't interface with the bluetooth.

For GC Games off USB, you'll have to use DIOS MIOS

For Wii games off USB, you'll need to use one of the various loaders, I recommend CFG USB Loader Mod

If you want to play WiiWare off your USB, you'll have to use an emulated NAND of some kind, perhaps Mighty Channels?

ModMii will help you do all of this and more

How would it be possible to translate the millions of motions you can do with the wiimote into a few buttons?

ZippyDSMlee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use the Wiimote on Bootmii, since MINI doesn't interface with the bluetooth.

For GC Games off USB, you'll have to use DIOS MIOS

For Wii games off USB, you'll need to use one of the various loaders, I recommend CFG USB Loader Mod

If you want to play WiiWare off your USB, you'll have to use an emulated NAND of some kind, perhaps Mighty Channels?

ModMii will help you do all of this and more

How would it be possible to translate the millions of motions you can do with the wiimote into a few buttons?
Ok I will go over get it done.

You just focus on certain motions , both or wiimote only left/right, up/down, forward/back and the reverse there of then focus on different motions of the WII mote and numbchuck tho the numb chuck has more limited motion sensing.

Now the fun part is making a program that can translate the neutral wii mote/nc position into an easy to configure program, you could get away with a isometric view of a 3D area, and you draw on this area like a paint program, the whole area is gray, you draw a white line upon the 2D plane(up ,down ,left ,right ,diagonal ,ect,ect), to go forward or backward you toggle a switch or button on the mouse and the line you draw forward is green, the one backward is red, for the numchuck colors can be black/orange/blue.

I could probably draw something on Photoshop to show as an example.
Anyway once you are done and save it is becomes a cue or move set, you add the cue or move sets into your current configuration file. Hopefully the program can tell if a cue or move set is redundant or too much like another were its enough to cause an issue allowing you to know via a pop up screen to fix it, drop it or ignore it.
I know there is a basic wiimote config tool for Windows but I do not think it dose much with X motion leads to Y command.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Motions to buttons ... no.
You can connect your Wiimote to the PC by just pressing the 1 and 2 buttons at the same time and telling your computer to pair up. It will still work like a normal PC game controller for the existing buttons at least.

I, too, recommend ModMii.

To see the pros and cons of different USB Loaders I'd go here http://gbatemp.net/topic/333364-backup-loaders/

Another, more modern option for emulated NAND is neek2o. There's also the original xNEEK (SNEEK and UNEEK) a lot of the USB Loaders can also play WiiWare directly. (CFG can't but they're working on it.).

Devolution is another option for GameCube games from USB and most USB Loaders now can USE both DIOS-MIOS and Devolution to run games so you can have all your gaming needs in one place.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

There is really nothing else I want, tho on a side note is there any untitlty on the PC to configer the WII mote to work with games and such? One that can translate motion into buttons,ect.
There is actually a way to map motion to buttons with GlovePie, a PC app. However, it requires scripting motions and mapping for each specific game, so if you can't script anything, you're limited to the existing scripts included with the app, and available through Google. There are scripts for many popular games like OoT with TP-style controls (works rather well). I tried to script motion controls for Mario Kart 64 but couldn't make it work as well as MKWii, it worked okay in the end though but it was hard to get used to the different sensitivity.
Here's an instructable I found through Google: http://www.instructables.com/id/Wiimote-and-Glovepie/
There may be a better guide somewhere, I can't recall what site I found GlovePie on, but it comes with quite a lot of scripts and scripting is pretty easy if you have some basic scripting/programming knowledge. It comes with a script to use the Wiimote as a mouse, various game specific scripts, and some misc ones like a vibrator script.

Reactions: 2 people

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada

There is actually a way to map motion to buttons with GlovePie, a PC app. However, it requires scripting motions and mapping for each specific game, so if you can't script anything, you're limited to the existing scripts included with the app, and available through Google. There are scripts for many popular games like OoT with TP-style controls (works rather well). I tried to script motion controls for Mario Kart 64 but couldn't make it work as well as MKWii, it worked okay in the end though but it was hard to get used to the different sensitivity.
Here's an instructable I found through Google: http://www.instructables.com/id/Wiimote-and-Glovepie/
There may be a better guide somewhere, I can't recall what site I found GlovePie on, but it comes with quite a lot of scripts and scripting is pretty easy if you have some basic scripting/programming knowledge. It comes with a script to use the Wiimote as a mouse, various game specific scripts, and some misc ones like a vibrator script.

One wonders what the vibrator script is used for.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Here's an instructable I found through Google: http://www.instructa...e-and-Glovepie/

One wonders what the vibrator script is used for.
I don't. :creep:

Reactions: 1 person

ZippyDSMlee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat