Hacking So I've got a Brite on 6.37...

ShinraArmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys.

I currently have my friend's Brite PSP, which has been upgraded once but the owner doesn't remember the firmware it was originally on. So I can't downgrade safety, and I'd rather not limit my friend to only having smaller games in the memstick.

seeing the recent developments, should I wait and see if a new HEN is released, or is there a way to know the original firmware it used based on the serial or something?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
the easiest way to know what firmware it was is to know it's g(eneration). There's 03g, 04g, 07g, and 09g for psp 3k. Using pspident (a homebrew that can tell you what g your psp is) is the easiest way, but it requires kernel access, which means it won't work on an unhacked psp.

The new downgrader by some1 works with 07g/09g but can only downgrade 07g/09g to 6.35 since 07g/09g doesn't support any firmware below 6.35. This would be the best thing to do for now: downgrade to 6.35 and install 6.35 PRO-B5. 6.35 PRO-B5 doesn't have a permanent patch, so you will have to reactivate it by fastrecovery each time you cold-boot.

This downgrader by some 1 has been confirmed to work without problems. Just follow the instructions on the source link to downgrade.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShinraArmy said:
Thanks for replying! Would using that downgrader be safe even of the PSP's original OFW was 6.36?

Yep it's fine. You'll have to upgrade to 6.38 or 6.39 before performing the downgrade. Just check first whether its a 07g/09g. If it's not then go to 6.20. Otherwise go to 6.35.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10