Azadar

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got a PS3 Fat 60gb Backward compatible PS3 around Christmas since than I have been purchasing a bunch of games I missed. I would like to mod my console so I can install all the games off the Hard drive. However Im seeing all these banned console and account threads and wondering if there is a way to do this relatively safely? If so what firmware etc is the best.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a PS3 Fat 60gb Backward compatible PS3 around Christmas since than I have been purchasing a bunch of games I missed. I would like to mod my console so I can install all the games off the Hard drive. However Im seeing all these banned console and account threads and wondering if there is a way to do this relatively safely? If so what firmware etc is the best.

Well, I followed the common way to protect my PSN account and still got banned. To get CFW I have written a guide on how to do that and Rebug with Cobra is the one you should use.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I followed the common way to protect my PSN account and still got banned. To get CFW I have written a guide on how to do that and Rebug with Cobra is the one you should use.
What all did you do? There seems to be some things that people havent been doing or just dont know that they need to do certain things to stay safe. What steps did you take before you signed in everytime?

Edit- Everytime that I wanted to sign in with my ps3, ive always followed this little guide that I made for myself
Load up multiman and load a game as a disc while having a base disc in the ps3 (could be any game)
Load up PSNinja, make game history read and write, clear it, fake it, and make it read only again
Load PSNPatch and disable syscalls completely
Turn on internet in settings
Sign in

I never booted up homebrew online, always cheated (a lot) :P, and always made sure I had a disc in my ps3 so that multiman would mount the game I loaded as the disc in the ps3 instead. If you didnt know about PSNinja and didnt clear your game history, fake the history, and didnt make it read only..... PSN saw every homebrew app you ever loaded up and bam theres the hammer.

People are getting banned quite fast rn

Last edited by Lumince,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didnt know about PSNinja and didnt clear your game history, fake the history, and didnt make it read only..... PSN saw every homebrew app you ever loaded up and bam theres the hammer.

Well, there wasn't really a guide on how to avoid the bans and yes I didn't even know about PSNinja. It's no big deal really as I don't play online that much anyway.

Azadar

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, there wasn't really a guide on how to avoid the bans and yes I didn't even know about PSNinja. It's no big deal really as I don't play online that much anyway.
Not so concerned with console bans but im hearing account bans which could really mess up my PS4 investments!

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not so concerned with console bans but im hearing account bans which could really mess up my PS4 investments!
Thats why you should never use your main psn account so the answer is its never safe to go online to psn with a hacked console. Just play your games offline or use a dummy account. Your main account is more valuable than a hacked console

Last edited by MasterJ360,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well I got console and account banned recently, not sure what the cause was, probably forgot to wipe history or something. I unbanned my console and made a new account, quadruple checked all safety measures and haven’t been banned since.

Last edited by WiiUBricker, , Reason: typo

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and tbh, I might actually just downgrade back to Rogero and spoof to 4.82..... If eve
Well I got console and account banned recently, not sure what the cause was, probably forgot to wipe history or something. I unbanned my console and made a new account, quadruple checked all safety measures and haven’t been banned since.
Are you using PSNinja?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone needs to make a damn guide to avoid getting banned. I'd love to but I don't know if it's the same as what I used to use.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it seems to me the tools people use to stop getting banned usually get them banned.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and tbh, I might actually just downgrade back to Rogero and spoof to 4.82..... If eve

Are you using PSNinja?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone needs to make a damn guide to avoid getting banned. I'd love to but I don't know if it's the same as what I used to use.

If I remember reading it somewhere that spoofing firmwares can get you banned quicker. I don't remember why it was because of some files in the flash that wasn't updated to 4.82 so Sony could see spoofers.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not so sure. I was banned even using psn patch. sony claimed it was due to piracy yet I had no games on my system. heck, I don't even use the system anymore.

coolguy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish there were a modern dual boot solution so that I could log onto PSN when I need to with no risk of getting banned, but otherwise be completely safe w/ no risk of even connecting to PSN while in CFW. Unless I'm just missing something?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no one knows of psninja.... You are all getting banned because you booted up homebrew and the game history is sent to Sony :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's mere speculation. I know of people who were banned for no reason. according to sony, if you have cfw, you're a pirate. I guess that's how they justify any banning. there are three (perhaps more) methods sony knows you're on cfw. your history is one of them, but another is what plugins are being used which is probably how I was banned. all three are stored in a file in the account folder on the internal hdd. I have no idea what would happen if you deleted the file though.

Reactions: Zero72463

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1