Hardware So... im thinking about a chip.

CIJC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive been playing around with the homebrew for a long while, well... since twilight hack was released actually lol.

ive been using backup loader to run my backups.... WORKS GREAT! but... i just think that a chip will make it alot simpler to run my backups, plus, i dont have to reboot with hooks to run from disk channel. So, i need to buy a chip that is -

Solderless
Updateable via DVD/System Update resistant xD
100% Compatibility
Region free

if there are any good chips that meet all of those...

What modchip is it? and where is the best/cheapest place to buy it?

thankyou, you wonderful people.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a solderless wiikey from modsupplier.com, it ran me about $34 USD. Easy to install, every game that I've thrown at it works, and it even makes my SSBB retail disc load perfectly everytime. It actually cost me about 50 bucks, as I paid for the 3 day shipping, but it was still well worth it. Just make sure that your drive is compatible, they have serial checker at the bottom of this page.

http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/solderl...ikey-p-254.html

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no 100% region-free for modchips. What you can do is patch the main.dol to output in the correct settings or you can use GeckoOS to load the game.
How old is the wii by the way?

india3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
first, check your wii's chipset on wiidrives.com. you'll need your wii's serial number. tell us what the site says is your chipset, and we can find out which modchip is compatible with your wii. (not all modchips are compatible with all wiis).

wiikey will only work on your wii if your wii has the dms, d2a, or d2b chipset.

as far as i know, all modchips are compatible with all wii games of your region, about 70% with other region wii games. they're compatible with all gamecube backups, regardless of region (though you'll need to use gcos to get 100% other region compatibility)

CIJC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
100% chance i have d2b. legs arent cut. i was thinking of getting a wiikey2 with wiiclip for d2b - good choice?

mcjones92

Kingpin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIJC said:
100% chance i have d2b. legs arent cut. i was thinking of getting a wiikey2 with wiiclip for d2b - good choice?

Hell yea. And buy it from www.modsupplier.com. They have excellent service. I haven't had a problem with this chip, I got mine presoldered to a wii-clip, and at first I was a little worried about installing it, but it is a cinch.

CIJC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mcjones92 said:
CIJC said:

Hell yea. And buy it from www.modsupplier.com. They have excellent service. I haven't had a problem with this chip, I got mine presoldered to a wii-clip, and at first I was a little worried about installing it, but it is a cinch.

thanks for all the help
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)