So... im thinking about a chip.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by CIJC, Dec 13, 2008.

Dec 13, 2008

So... im thinking about a chip. by CIJC at 10:50 PM (1,010 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. CIJC
    OP

Member CIJC GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Ive been playing around with the homebrew for a long while, well... since twilight hack was released actually lol.

ive been using backup loader to run my backups.... WORKS GREAT! but... i just think that a chip will make it alot simpler to run my backups, plus, i dont have to reboot with hooks to run from disk channel. So, i need to buy a chip that is -

Solderless
    Updateable via DVD/System Update resistant xD
    100% Compatibility
    Region free

if there are any good chips that meet all of those...

What modchip is it? and where is the best/cheapest place to buy it?

thankyou, you wonderful people.

2. CIJC
    OP

Member CIJC GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    no-one? meh

3. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I recently bought a solderless wiikey from modsupplier.com, it ran me about $34 USD. Easy to install, every game that I've thrown at it works, and it even makes my SSBB retail disc load perfectly everytime. It actually cost me about 50 bucks, as I paid for the 3 day shipping, but it was still well worth it. Just make sure that your drive is compatible, they have serial checker at the bottom of this page.

http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/solderl...ikey-p-254.html

4. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    There is no 100% region-free for modchips. What you can do is patch the main.dol to output in the correct settings or you can use GeckoOS to load the game.
    How old is the wii by the way?

5. india3

Newcomer india3 Advanced Member

India
    first, check your wii's chipset on wiidrives.com. you'll need your wii's serial number. tell us what the site says is your chipset, and we can find out which modchip is compatible with your wii. (not all modchips are compatible with all wiis).

wiikey will only work on your wii if your wii has the dms, d2a, or d2b chipset.

as far as i know, all modchips are compatible with all wii games of your region, about 70% with other region wii games. they're compatible with all gamecube backups, regardless of region (though you'll need to use gcos to get 100% other region compatibility)

6. CIJC
    OP

Member CIJC GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    100% chance i have d2b. legs arent cut. i was thinking of getting a wiikey2 with wiiclip for d2b - good choice?

7. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    You should just either go with a WiiKey on a Wii-Clip or go with a Key-Clip from DealExtreme and program it yourself.

8. mcjones92

Member mcjones92 Forest Fam

United States
    Hell yea. And buy it from www.modsupplier.com. They have excellent service. I haven't had a problem with this chip, I got mine presoldered to a wii-clip, and at first I was a little worried about installing it, but it is a cinch.

9. CIJC
    OP

Member CIJC GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom

thanks for all the help [​IMG]