Gaming So, I'm going on vacation in a few days...

Parablank

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is what I have right now....

1. The entire Ace Attorney series, including Investigations.
2. Animal Crossing - Wild World
3. Chrono Trigger
4. Contra 4
5. Disgaea DS
6. Final Fantasy III and IV
7. Fire Emblem - Shadow Dragon
8. Grand Theft Auto - Chinatown Wars
9. Hotel Dusk - Room 215
10. Kirby - Canvas Curse
11. Mario Kart DS
12. NSMB
13. Ninja Gaiden - Dragon Sword
14. Ninja Town
15. Okamiden
16. Rhythm Heaven
17. Super Scribblenauts
18. Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks
19. The World Ends With You
20. Brain Age 1 & 2
21. Ghost Trick - Phantom Detective
22. Plants vs Zombies
23. Professor Layton Series
24. Super Mario 64 DS
25. Tales of Innocence (patched/translated)
26. Trauma Center series
27. Pokemon Black
28. 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Basically what I'm looking for are addictive, fun games that have HUGE replay value. I'm pretty sure I have all the heavy hitters, but are there any hidden gems that I have missed? And yes, I do know that we have a "suggest me a game" thread, but I'm a conceited bastard who thinks that I deserve my own thread. that thread isn't really active anymore...

I'm open to homebrew as well. :]

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meteos is an extremely addictive and fun puzzle game. +1 for Elite Beat Agents, but if you don't like the soundtrack you can try Ouendan 1 or 2, essentially the same game with Japanese music. Bangai-O Spirits can be fun. The Sonic Rush games are nice platformers, along with Sonic Colors. I always liked Point Blank DS.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
--Utacchi / Utatchi - This is a fun little game in the BEMANI series. It's similar to Pop'n Music. In addition to normal play, it's got a vocal mode where all vocal parts are replaced with a prerecorded sound you make, and a karaoke mode.
--Jam with the Band - This is kind of like Guitar Hero except with midi files and you can play all the songs (it's also buttons-only for the most part). It's got a nice Karaoke mode, if you're up for singing. You can add any songs you want to the game with a special BDX inserting tool, too, since the game's Wifi downloading/radio mode still does not work on flash cards (When you do this, make sure to load a save instead of creating a new one. It's a bit problematic since the BDX tool was made for the Japanese version of the game, which has a larger save file size and allows more than 50 slots for songs).
--Magnetica - This is one of those 'ball clearing' games where you have little marbles on a track moving toward a hole. You flick marbles from your shooter at the marbles on the track and match three to clear them off the screen.
--Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - An action RPG in the FFCC series. The AI is crap, but it's really fun. The storyline is great, as well.
--Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - An action RPG in the FFCC series. The AI is crap, but it's really fun. The storyline is great, as well. Multiplayer let's you join or host a game, and whoever hosts the game will have their save's story move along.
--Monster Tale - A Metroidvania game with a little Pokemon-style creature raising twist.
--Ototo - A Nintendo Games Seminar game. It's similar to a Pop'n Music/Maestro: Jump in Music mix. Very short, but always fun to play. Doesn't save, however, which is kind of annoying when you have to restart your game every time you turn it on again.
--Radiant Historia - An RPG with a nice grid-based battle system. The time travel part of the equation is kind of confusing, but it's actually quite a linear game.
--Umihara Kawase Shun: Second Edition Complete / Umihara Kawase DS - A little platformer where you use a fishing line as a grappling hook to get over to different places you can't seem to jump/walk to.
--de Blob 2 - A 2D platformer where you play the blob guy from the first game. Expect to die or have to replay a level more than once to get 100% in each level.
--Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded - An action-RPG with an interesting levelup/stat system. During the levels there are different gameplay mechanics introduced to get to the boss, such as a side-scrolling platformer stage or an overhead shooter. There's also an interesting multiplayer mode.
--Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - An action-RPG with an interesting equip/levelup system. Takes the parts of the series on Nintendo handhelds back to the core Kingdom Hearts gameplay instead of using that card-based system from Chain of Memories. There's also an interesting multiplayer mode.

Parablank

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
master00d said:
i cant stress this enough
YU-GI-OH
I used to play that when I was 10. -_-

But I'm open, what title EXACTLY? There are so many Yu-Gi-Oh titles for the DS right now...

Meteos looks really nice, but I suck at Tetris type games.
ohnoes.png

I'll check some of those games Sora, Kingdom Hearts looks decent...

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
Parablank said:
master00d said:
i cant stress this enough
YU-GI-OH
I used to play that when I was 10. -_-

But I'm open, what title EXACTLY? There are so many Yu-Gi-Oh titles for the DS right now...

Meteos looks really nice, but I suck at Tetris type games.
ohnoes.png

I'll check some of those games Sora, Kingdom Hearts looks decent...
you should get the last one 2011 the others are bad
this has a lot off cards its a bit faster and some great music too
smile.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Jump Ultimate Stars. It's basically Super Smash Bros anime style.
Oh and Rune Factory 3 (just posting it cos I like the game :3).

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
ok ok the gba version was the best (2006)
and maybe you have right yugioh changet alot but you can still get it ,and all your "old cards" are still there
so you can make your deck like it was on the 2006 !

even thought i have to admit the duel race sucks ,i mostly play with the ghosts :S

Parablank

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
Jump Ultimate Stars. It's basically Super Smash Bros anime style.
Oh and Rune Factory 3 (just posting it cos I like the game :3).

Jump Ultimate Stars looks really promising, the reviews look rock solid, and I have invested over dozens of hours for the SSB series.
biggrin.gif

Rune Factory looks good too, I used to be really addicted to the Wii version until I got my PS3...

Sora de Eclaune said:
QUOTE(master00d @ Jun 21 2011, 06:20 PM) you should get the last one 2011 the others are bad
this has a lot off cards its a bit faster and some great music too
smile.gif
I think everything after the Sacred Cards (GBA) is too confusing. OP, if I were you I'd avoid Yugioh.
I just remembered about 5DS....

D

Deleted-236924

Sora de Eclaune said:
--Jam with the Band [...] since the game's Wifi downloading/radio mode still does not work on flash cards [...]
Implying it will work in the future.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
yuka001 said:
Phantasy Star 0! Super addicitve and huge replay value.
It may be addictive, but if you don't have Wifi then all you have is a single player experience that makes you trample almost completely alone through the same enemies and locales for hours.

Sure, it's fun, but a lot of people actually had gripes that the single player was more monotonous than the multiplayer. Probably because there wasn't any satisfaction in going "You were killed by a *random weak enemy*?!"

Parablank

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
yuka001 said:
It may be addictive, but if you don't have Wifi then all you have is a single player experience that makes you trample almost completely alone through the same enemies and locales for hours.

Sure, it's fun, but a lot of people actually had gripes that the single player was more monotonous than the multiplayer. Probably because there wasn't any satisfaction in going "You were killed by a *random weak enemy*?!"
Considering I will be stuck on a plane for over 30 hours all together, and China doesn't really have any Wi-Fi over there (the last time I went to my relatives house), I think I'll skip Phantasy Star. Thanks for the recommendation though. =D

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Parablank said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
yuka001 said:

Considering I will be stuck on a plane for over 30 hours all together, and China doesn't really have any Wi-Fi over there (the last time I went to my relatives house), I think I'll skip Phantasy Star. Thanks for the recommendation though. =D
I forgot to mention that the wifi was a bit bad, too, since you only had limited communication skills if you went into a random wifi teamup instead of teaming up with friends.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo