Gaming So I want to flash my xbox360

Pici

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I just bought a xbox 360 and i plan to flash it.
My drive is a hitachi, but i didn't open my console yet, so I don't know which one it is.
but a question remains.
May i flash my xbox with just the live cd method, with any hitachi drive ? because the other method seems to risky for me.

thanks.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If by live cd method , you mean the linux disc to put it in mode b , and then software flash , then no it doesn't work for all hitachi drives. If you have a v79 , you have to install a passkey to it , which will stick it in mode b and let you flash it or remove the flash chip and stick it in a programmer.

If you just bought the box , assuming it's new , then if you have a hitachi then it's pretty much 100% it's going to be the v79.

Pici

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is one year old, so I don't know which drive it is yet.
The passkey method is putting a piece of wire on a plug and remove it quickly to put the drive in mode b, that's it ? I'm afraid of this actually.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No , that's the wire trick , no need to use it any more. I think you are getting your flashing and methods to put drive in mode b confused.

Drive has to be in mode b to flash. You can either use the live cd to put it in mode b before flashing , the wire trick or the connectivity kit (doesn't work on v78 and 79). Live cd will work for getting the drive into mode b on every drive , once in mode b you can flash it , with the exception of the v79.

Passkey is a chip that has to be soldered into a v79 drive before it can be flashed.

Maybe you should take a look at this

http://www.360mods.net/Downloads/details/id=61.html

Guide that covers all the drives and various methods of flashing.

Pici

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for this useful answer, I'm quite a noob about xbox 360 hack.
too bad if i have a v79, i would have to ask someone to solder the chip for me because I have no soldering skills.

One last question : I heard that it is possible to flash a xbox 360 without voiding the waranty, I guess it is not the case is i solder a chip on it, isn't it ?

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you dont want to void the warranty get a hairdryer and blow hot air over the warranty sticker for a few minutes and then use a stanley knife to carefully peal it off which shouldnt leave a mark, then put the sticker onto a sticker-back piece of paper/card

yus786

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yus786 said:
if you dont want to void the warranty get a hairdryer and blow hot air over the warranty sticker for a few minutes and then use a stanley knife to carefully peal it off which shouldnt leave a mark, then put the sticker onto a sticker-back piece of paper/card

yus786

That worked with early version of the warranty stickers, there has been a re-design which stops this method.

Pici

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok guys, I'm quite lucky.

I have a v59 hitachi drive, one of the easiest drive to hack.
A firned of mine helped me out, I just had to plug the drive via a sta cable, oot the slax cd, flash with windows and voila !
I enjoy my xbox a lot now !

But I spoiled my warranty, i'm so stupid. With a hairdrier, I put off the sticker, but then I dropped it and it sticked to my desk, I tried to remove it from the desk with a knife but i scratched it, too bad...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E