Hacking So I uninstalled my IOS60 using WadManager (Silly Me)

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make a long story short, I have a launch USA Wii with a genuine Wiikey modchip installed... I was running 3.2U with Homebrew Channel installed and more recently installed Waninkoko's cIOS36 rev9. Then I used Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.0 to be able to keep the Truchna bug (and which only updates the necessary system files). I then installed the patched IOS60 file via WadManager 1.3 in order to load homebrew from the SD menu.

Everything was set.. Then (silly me) I decided I wanted to test out for myself what would happen if I were to unpatch the IOS60 file and then try to load homebrew from the SD Card (stupid move I know, but I like testing things out for myself sometimes as a way to better understand why I can or can't do a certain thing). Not fully understanding that I had installed an actual patched IOS60 file into the system instead of only installing an IOS60 "patch", I tried to uninstall the patch via WadManager 1.3. This ofcourse didn't remove only the patch, but removed the entire IOS60 from my Wii, inevitably bricking it (from what I understand beyond repair).

To my knowledge this is considered a "low-level brick" as when I turn on my Wii, the green power light turns on, the DVD Drive boots up, but no screen ever comes up, it is essentially the "Black Screen of Death"...

It is not necessary for me to fix my Wii asap. I haven't really been using my Wii for a while before this and don't see myself needing it anytime soon. I however would like to know if there is anything I can do right now to try to unbrick it? Or should I just wait for BootMii? Will BootMii essentially get me out of this type of Brick as is or did I need to have it installed before hand in order for it to help with this problem? Or will there be any materials I need to purchase before hand once its released (if its ever released)?

Also, if I won't be able to unbrick this myself, are they any confirmed (meaning have done a few unbricks from people on forums and have a good business reputation)modders who I would be able to ship it out to and get it fixed by them?

Thanks in advance for taking your time in reading this, and I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno how to fix it buy I'm gonna reiterate this point again.

BootMii will NOT fix anything if you've already bricked your Wii. You need to have it installed BEFORE you break your Wii.

Otherwise how will you load it?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BootMii could easily solve your problem if it was released and you installed it before your brick. As far as i know the only thing that help is a nand programmer that can read/write your nand without the Wii hardware. But most likely you would need at least your nand key for this and better would be a full nand backup, but i'm not sure.

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
I did the exact same thing. What i did was take took the wii back to the shop and said it bricked during the update to 4.0. They didnt even test the console, just made me sign something and off i went.

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies guys.. One quick question.. In my case, should I even try SaveMiiFree, or will that method not apply for this type of brick?

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont think it will boot since the system menu's IOS is no longer installed.

by all means try it, maybe because your autobooting a disc which runs from some other IOS it might work, but a autoboot wadmanager disc for example i dont think is gonna work since your on 4.0 so no trucha

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me if I am wrong, but just throwing ideas around.. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that what the Custom IOS does? Allow you to run Trucha signed discs? Because remember, I did have Waninkoko's cIOS36 rev9 installed before I udpated using his 4.0 updater. Won't that allow me to run any of these recovery discs if I do succeed in getting SaveMiiFree to work? (Won't be able to test out SaveMiiFree until later on in the evening as I am working till late)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As far as i know you can't get any disc to work because the system menu tries to detect which IOS to load for each disc even with autoboot, savemii or starfall autoboot. And the system menu requires its IOS for that.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there should be a pinned post saying "NEVER REMOVE ANY IOS FILES NO MATTER WHAT" ....

I'll take your wii though if it doesnt get fixed lol, i need a dvd drive for my other broken wii. ( i got 2)

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
As far as i know you can't get any disc to work because the system menu tries to detect which IOS to load for each disc even with autoboot, savemii or starfall autoboot. And the system menu requires its IOS for that.

So pretty much even if I get SaveMiiFree to load my Firware version on the lower right hand of the screen, theres nothing I will be able to do as none of the discs would load anyway?

grakje

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why are so many people deleting their IOSes? Because it's cool
wacko.gif

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Christ that was silly
Did you have Preloader .29 installed? cant you boot from ios 30 on that or install wad manager from there to install ios60 again
If not have u you tryed the pink disc, you could try and save another 4.0 wiis files and copy it to your wii
bk up first tho mate
If not wait for 4.0 game to come out and auto boot it in system recovery, im waiting for that with 2 of my wiis i bricked installing a jap 3.4 lol

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supagusti said:
Try this one: Autoboot Homebrew Channel Disc
If its working you can lauch WAD-Manager through HBC to reinstall the WAD
Leave feedback how it worked...

As soon as I get home from work (won't be for another few hours) I will try to get SaveMiiFrii working. I already have a TriWing Screwdriver and a corded gamecube controller. If I do get atleast this far where it does work and I see my firmware version on the bottom left hand screen, then I will gladly try that autoboot disc Supagusti. Thanks for the link.

grakje said:
Why are so many people deleting their IOSes? Because it's cool
wacko.gif

As stated in the original post, I was not aware that WadManager 1.3 actually had the power to uninstall the IOS' themselves. It was my misconception that I thought I would only be uninstalling the patch that was applied and not the entire IOS itself. I'm guessing thats what other people who also uninstalled their IOS' believed as well. It could just be me though, either way, lesson learned ;-)

pspmte said:
Did you have Preloader .29 installed? cant you boot from ios 30 on that or install wad manager from there to install ios60 again
If not have u you tryed the pink disc, you could try and save another 4.0 wiis files and copy it to your wii bk up first tho mate.
If not wait for 4.0 game to come out and auto boot it in system recovery, im waiting for that with 2 of my wiis i bricked installing a jap 3.4 lol

1) Don't have PreLoader installed unfortunately.
2) Will try the pink disc pending me getting the SaveMiiFrii working. Thanks for the tip ;-) How would I copy the wii files from the fresh Wii to my bricked one?
3) Like I stated in the OP, I am in no rush to send it out to Nintendo or even buy a new Wii as I didn't even use this one as much. So if it just so happens that none of the ideas work, I have no prob waiting for a 4.0 firmware game. I still would need SaveMiiFrii to be working successfully for me to even consider this an option as well right?

QUOTE(carbonyle @ Apr 7 2009, 12:50 PM)
use anytitl deleter mod by squirel: you cannot deleted the ios used by systemmenu

Is this for future references or are you telling me to try this for fixing the brick?

Thanks once again guys for the comments and support (even the negative ones
smile.gif
) Seriously though, I appreicate the help! ;-)

Keep those ideas/thoughts coming!

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried SaveMiiFrii mod... Didn't work... Things are looking grim now.. I'm going to burn the Autoboot Homebrew Channel Disc... I'll update you guys in a bit...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users