Hacking So... I think I failed hard modding my new 2DS XL

BrickHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 2DS XL, Blue power light, Black screen (no backlight power), charge light when charging, charge cycle will complete.

And nothing else... :(

I attempted to follow the Hard mod guide, and everything was going fine till the part where I had a pretty blue screen and needed to plug the SD card reader into the PC. was not recognized by the PC. So I powered it off and disconnected the removable portion with the card reader (I used a plug rather than a mini-board) and tried to turn on the 2DS... nothing. Same state as listed above. I re-connected the SD reader and got the blue screen again, but what can I do now?

I have nothing of value except for the unit itself, so I would happily swap the motherboard if I could find one... just want to salvage SOMETHING.

Any ideas?

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, your 3ds still recognizes the card reader, which is good. Do you use the recommended card reader from Anker? New 3ds/2ds systems only accept a few cardreaders.
Also offtopic: why do you Hardmod your 3ds? We have ntrboothax, that allows restoring firm0 bricks. All with a flashcard and magnet.

Reactions: Quantumcat

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 2DS XL, Blue power light, Black screen (no backlight power), charge light when charging, charge cycle will complete.

And nothing else... :(

I attempted to follow the Hard mod guide, and everything was going fine till the part where I had a pretty blue screen and needed to plug the SD card reader into the PC. was not recognized by the PC. So I powered it off and disconnected the removable portion with the card reader (I used a plug rather than a mini-board) and tried to turn on the 2DS... nothing. Same state as listed above. I re-connected the SD reader and got the blue screen again, but what can I do now?

I have nothing of value except for the unit itself, so I would happily swap the motherboard if I could find one... just want to salvage SOMETHING.

Any ideas?
So you get the blue screen when you plug in the SD card to the card reader and power on the console but when you plug in the card reader to the computer you don't get any pop-up windows?

What order are you doing things? In the video(it's the only thing in the hardmod guide thread under the New 2DS XL section) it shows, while powered down, you should be plugging in the SD card into the card reader, powering on the console, get the blue screen, open Win32 Disk Imager on the computer, plug the card reader into the USB on the computer. Is that what you're doing?

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,
Reactions: jamezfat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again