Hacking So i ordered 2 Acekard2i last night from lightake...

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
It won't ship any faster than normal no.

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It won't ship any faster than normal no.

That's all I wanted you to say.

Yes they use HK post, but HK post is standard. Most, if not all, countries have their own "standard" mail service. It may be USPS in the US, Royal Mail in the UK, Deutsche post in Germany etc. They are all linked, and probably all want to un-clog their systems from the xmas mail right? You don't want packages lying around clogging the system all year do you?

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I seriously doubt the christmas backlog would take all year. You're just being stupid now.

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not mate. Couriers want to clear their backlog as they don't want any unhappy customers. To do this they upgrade your delivery type, like how mine was upgraded from second to first class.

Trust me it happens. Doesn't always speed things up, but would at least be normal speed mate. Sometimes it aint about winning an argument, but about making people feel happy? I doubt darkreaper is feeling too great now :(

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lightake.com is the slowest company I ever ordered from in China. I'm not trolling either. If you search the forums I have said this more than once. Lightake sucks and so does their customer service if you get a DOA item from them like I have.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say I agree, as I have only ever used Lightake.

How are DealExtreme, DSCartShop and zhuzhuchina? Any experience with them jimmy?
Dude, how many times are you going to come behind my comments about Lightake and say their reputable. We understand you disagree. Let me ask you this, since you have only ordered from Lightake, how would you know about other reseller's services? You wouldn't. Have you ever had a problem where you had to have a product replaced by Lightake.com? Now, on to your questions. ZhuZhuChina is great. Near the fastest when it comes to shipping, and I've had zero product issues. DealExtreme is near the bottom in shipping speed, but their customer service is pretty good. I like that you can cancel an ordered personally before it ships. I have no experience with DSCartShop, so no comment

geminis076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too am from California and have recently ordered from LighTake. Hasn't arrived yet but I haven't been keeping track of it or when I ordered so as of this post I'm not sure if it's taking too long. However prior to ordering from LighTake I had ordered an Acekard 2i from that ZhuZhuChina or whatever website, which is also in China and it arrived very quickly - under 2 weeks and it was during the busy Christmas season, I was very surprised!

LighTake was out of stock at the time which is why I went ahead and ordered from ZhuZhuChina which had the next best price, this 2nd one is for my cousin. The website RetailMeNot.com has a coupon code for LighTake orders, it's small but anything helps:

http://www.retailmen...ew/lightake.com

*UPDATE: I've just checked the info for my order, I received a shipping notice from them on January 3rd letting me know that it had shipped, it is now February 5th so this has taken awhile. I order eBay items that are shipped from China very often, have ordered from NDSCardsale a few times and never have I had an item come close to a month to arrive, hope it's not lost but I don't think I will be ordering from LightTake again. I was impressed with the ZhuZhuChina delivery time, I need to order 3 more Acekards so I'll order from ZhuZhu again.

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good news for me.

Got my R4i Gold 3DS and 3DS case from Lightake in 13 days, only 1 day slower than DHL Express. No idea why people hate Lightake. This is the third order that has arrived in 13 days - that includes weekends.

geminis076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too am from California and have recently ordered from LighTake. Hasn't arrived yet but I haven't been keeping track of it or when I ordered so as of this post I'm not sure if it's taking too long. However prior to ordering from LighTake I had ordered an Acekard 2i from that ZhuZhuChina or whatever website, which is also in China and it arrived very quickly - under 2 weeks and it was during the busy Christmas season, I was very surprised!

LighTake was out of stock at the time which is why I went ahead and ordered from ZhuZhuChina which had the next best price, this 2nd one is for my cousin. The website RetailMeNot.com has a coupon code for LighTake orders, it's small but anything helps:

*UPDATE: I've just checked the info for my order, I received a shipping notice from them on January 3rd letting me know that it had shipped, it is now February 5th so this has taken awhile. I order eBay items that are shipped from China very often, have ordered from NDSCardsale a few times and never have I had an item come close to a month to arrive, hope it's not lost but I don't think I will be ordering from LightTake again. I was impressed with the ZhuZhuChina delivery time, I need to order 3 more Acekards so I'll order from ZhuZhu again.

Here's my latest update for future readers. I just received the Acekard 2i today (4/3/12). Since the post above I contacted customer service to let them know that I had not yet received my order, they replied within 24 hours or less. The person asked if I could wait one last week just to be sure which I did and if it still had not arrived then they would replace it. I was a little late in updating them but when I did they agreed to send a replacement, however they wanted me to pay $2.00 to upgrade the shipping to I think registered mail, which I did. Contacting and dealing with customer service was very easy.

However I don't think I'll be placing an order with them again, I've purchased items online from China based sellers and businesses several times and this is probably the first time I haven't had an item arrive. And about my previous statement about ordering from ZhuZhu.com, the website was fine and the order arrived safely and quickly, but to replace my LighTake order I ended up ordering from:

http://videogameplaza.com

Heard of it from here (GBAtemp.net). This place was less expensive than both LighTake and ZhuZhu, ordered 3 Acekard 2i, the order arrived in less than two weeks (to US). I would order from this place again.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Here's my latest update for future readers. I just received the Acekard 2i today (4/3/12). Since the post above I contacted customer service to let them know that I had not yet received my order, they replied within 24 hours or less. The person asked if I could wait one last week just to be sure which I did and if it still had not arrived then they would replace it. I was a little late in updating them but when I did they agreed to send a replacement, however they wanted me to pay $2.00 to upgrade the shipping to I think registered mail, which I did. Contacting and dealing with customer service was very easy.

However I don't think I'll be placing an order with them again, I've purchased items online from China based sellers and businesses several times and this is probably the first time I haven't had an item arrive. And about my previous statement about ordering from ZhuZhu.com, the website was fine and the order arrived safely and quickly, but to replace my LighTake order I ended up ordering from:

http://videogameplaza.com

Heard of it from here (GBAtemp.net). This place was less expensive than both LighTake and ZhuZhu, ordered 3 Acekard 2i, the order arrived in less than two weeks (to US). I would order from this place again.

Well, that makes me feel a little better. I ordered my acekrd from them about a week ago. :D
Also, dealextreme gave me the same problems you experienced with lightake. I ordered something on the 9th of january and only received it yesterday. What was worse is that it didn't even work. Thanks for making me feel like it my acekard will arrive sooner. :)

Lican

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No doubt even smaller offers help. but I have received discount from similar site ezcouponsearch.com and got a reasonable discount for that. I assume that not much discount available for such items on the web. May you have to check the stores physically when they will offer discounts on these items.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think