Homebrew So I might have effed up... (11.1 update)

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing the DSiWare exploit guide, and seeing that not updating would require ctrhttppwn to work (it hasn't been for me due to menuhax freezing when I leave without reboot) I updated to avoid that mess.

I knew this would lose my access to menuhax, which seemed fine since I am doing this to stop relying on menuhax and have access to online services again.

I did not read before updating that I would need to backup my saves first. Yes, I am kicking myself. No need for "Why did you do that? You should have read all of it first". I know.

So that out of the way: Is there another exploit I can use on 11.1 to get a backup manager running? I have a CFW 2DS so secondary exploits will work, but I can't find my Powersaves so if it's OoThax I'll need raw saves.

Also, recommended back-up manager? I have some VC and eShop titles (especially Gunvolt and Pokemon Yellow) whose saves I would like to keep.

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Paper Mario Sticker Star and OoTHax with CFW. Most backup managers don't work on vanilla 11.1 firmware - they freeze and act weird.
So I'll need to find a raw 11.1 N3ds compatible Oothax save unless my Powersaves magically turns up.

But if there's no decent back-up manager then the point of getting it is moot, since I specifically need it to make backups before continuing.

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got OoThax running on 11.1 on my new 3ds, I just need to know if there are any functional back-up managers for eShop and VC games, so I won't lose everything.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got OoThax running on 11.1 on my new 3ds, I just need to know if there are any functional back-up managers for eShop and VC games, so I won't lose everything.
Not really w/o the Ability to install CIA's and use the CIA vers of JKSM, you haveto deal w/ how Squirrely the Userland homebrew ones do (3dsx format)

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Define "squirrely". Because I would put "pain in the ass to get working" over "lose my Zelda/Pokemon/Gunvolt" saves right about now.

If they don't work at all whatsoever I guess I'm stuck losing saves, but in order of most preferable to least preferable I have:
Lengthy and/or painful back-up
Losing saves
Abandoning CFW (not happening, I bought the 2DS specifically for the transfer and for the MK7 code).

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I was able to use the normal 3DS 30-slot back-up to get everything except Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Shuffle. Since I'll be making a back-up of the SD card I'm sure those will be fine to restore that way.

At this point I just need to know if all save managers fail immediately 100% of the time (in which case guess I'm replaying Pokemon Yellow before Sun/Moon come out) or if there's any amount of perseverance that will get that save backed up. If there's a chance to get either SVDT or JKSM (.3dsx version) to run the one time for that game, or some other manager, I'm more willing to sit up all night than replay since the save has literally every Pokemon in one form or another that I can catch (Mew included) such that evolution and trading were the only things left to complete the Pokedex.

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
JKSM works for most games with the 3DSX version even on 11.1, there's serious misinformation here. Very specific games won't work due to PASLR, but 99% of games do not have PASLR.

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JKSM works for most games with the 3DSX version even on 11.1, there's serious misinformation here. Very specific games won't work due to PASLR, but 99% of games do not have PASLR.
Neat. I don't suppose you know why I'm getting a red touch screen freeze when opening it?

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got JKSM to work, but before that I had made back-ups of what I could on the home screen through the built-in backup feature.

Will those back-ups still be usable after the format portion of the guide, or should I go ahead and use JSM on those and delete the first-party backups?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30