Hacking So i just got a wii from a friend

upindreams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And it works perfectly, He also modded it.

some info:

version: 4.3E
Has homebrew on it
Has usb loader on it( When i start it up, It goes back to the menu)
Its the white first wii.
I have one nunchuck and one wii remote and a wii GC controller.
It has wireless internet.
It has 2 players in the wii channel, Above for normall wii games and one under that is a backup player.

What i will do tomorrow :
Buy a SD card 2gb
Buy dvd-r's

Now i got some questions:

Do games run smooth like normal games when they're burned?

Can you play games from a Usb stick ?( I got a 8GB 3.0 kengiston)

Do i need to install usb loader again?

Can i burn Gamecube games just like wii games?

where do saved games store?

Can i download from the store? Or will this unmod the wii?

Thanks in advance!!

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And it works perfectly, He also modded it.

some info:

version: 4.3E
Has homebrew on it
Has usb loader on it( When i start it up, It goes back to the menu)
Its the white first wii.
I have one nunchuck and one wii remote and a wii GC controller.
It has wireless internet.
It has 2 players in the wii channel, Above for normall wii games and one under that is a backup player.

What i will do tomorrow :
Buy a SD card 2gb
Buy dvd-r's

Now i got some questions:

Thanks in advance!!

Do games run smooth like normal games when they're burned? They do, but USB is much better (and faster) than DVD's nowadays.

Can you play games from a Usb stick ?( I got a 8GB 3.0 kengiston) Yes you can, formatted to FAT32

Do i need to install usb loader again? If its already installed, no.

Can i burn Gamecube games just like wii games? Yes but they can also be ran from USB (again, formatted FAT32 with 32K cluster) from USB Loader GX

where do saved games store? In the Wii's memory just like any other Wii game.

Can i download from the store? Or will this unmod the wii? Yes you can, it won't unmod the wii.

upindreams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks dude!

Also, I download a game and putted it on my USB with WBFS Manager 3.0.

Then i plugged it into the wii then i clicked usbloader on the channel and it just goes back to the menu.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks dude!

Also, I download a game and putted it on my USB with WBFS Manager 3.0.

Then i plugged it into the wii then i clicked usbloader on the channel and it just goes back to the menu.

Means the channel its a shortcut to USB Loader GX, if it goes back to the menu then it means you don't have USB Loader GX installed onto your (sdcard:/apps/) folder.

upindreams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Means the channel its a shortcut to USB Loader GX, if it goes back to the menu then it means you don't have USB Loader GX installed onto your (sdcard:/apps/) folder.

Oh okay, I dont have a sd card atm, i'm getting one tomorrow!
Then i'll install it.
Is it easy btw? I've never done it before (looked up on youtube)

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh okay, I dont have a sd card atm, i'm getting one tomorrow!
Then i'll install it.
Is it easy btw? I've never done it before (looked up on youtube)

You need to create a folder on the root of your SD Card first named apps, then
You just need to copy USB Loader GX's folder content onto your apps folder and then insert it on your Wii, boot up Homebrew channel and see if USB Loader GX appears there, if it does just boot it, if it boots successfully, you can now boot through the shortcut if you want to again.
Its easy, its just copy - paste.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes and no. If you run a burned disc game on a softmodded Wii (i.e. without the use of a hardware modchip), then the loading speed will be half the speed. With many games, one can't even tell. With other games, you will notice loading screens (visible or hidden) take longer. Burned discs is not the prefered method of backup-loading anymore. Assuming this is indeed a launch Wii (white doesn't mean launch), the disc drive should be old enough that this is a viable method of backup loading (albeit not preferred). If this is a newer Wii (~2009), backup disc loading is impossible.

Yes, but you can only hold so many games on that USB stick at a time.

Possibly. You need to install your USB Loader onto your SD card or USB drive in the apps folder. You can then launch it from the Homebrew Channel and perhaps the forwarder channel that's already installed.

Assuming this is an old enough Wii, yes, you can play burned GameCube backup discs just like how one can play burned Wii backup discs. However, using DIOS MIOS to play backup GameCube games off a USB drive is the preferred method.

For Wii games, saved games are stored on the Wii system whether they're retail or backup games. For retail GameCube games, they're stored on the GameCube memory card. For backup GameCube games, you have the option of using NMM to save games to wherever you're loading the backup from (if the game is compatible with this method).

Yes, you can download from the store, but if it asks you to update before it will allow you access to the store, you need to update the Wii Shop Channel and/or the IOS file it uses. To do this, use ModMii. It's recommended you use ModMii to update your softmods anyway. You can run a sysCheck, drag it into ModMii, and have it do all the work for you.

Also, Can i burn &play skyward sword on this wii?

Or is it only for wii u?
Skyward Sword is a Wii game, not a Wii U game. You can play it on your Wii, but you have to have Wii Motion Plus on a Wii Remote to play it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes and no. If you run a burned disc game on a softmodded Wii (i.e. without the use of a hardware modchip), then the loading speed will be half the speed. With many games, one can't even tell. With other games, you will notice loading screens (visible or hidden) take longer. Burned discs is not the prefered method of backup-loading anymore. Assuming this is indeed a launch Wii (white doesn't mean launch), the disc drive should be old enough that this is a viable method of backup loading (albeit not preferred). If this is a newer Wii (~2009), backup disc loading is impossible.

Yes, but you can only hold so many games on that USB stick at a time.

Possibly. You need to install your USB Loader onto your SD card or USB drive in the apps folder. You can then launch it from the Homebrew Channel and perhaps the forwarder channel that's already installed.

Assuming this is an old enough Wii, yes, you can play burned GameCube backup discs just like how one can play burned Wii backup discs. However, using DIOS MIOS to play backup GameCube games off a USB drive is the preferred method.

For Wii games, saved games are stored on the Wii system whether they're retail or backup games. For retail GameCube games, they're stored on the GameCube memory card. For backup GameCube games, you have the option of using NMM to save games to wherever you're loading the backup from (if the game is compatible with this method).

Yes, you can download from the store, but if it asks you to update before it will allow you access to the store, you need to update the Wii Shop Channel and/or the IOS file it uses. To do this, use ModMii. It's recommended you use ModMii to update your softmods anyway. You can run a sysCheck, drag it into ModMii, and have it do all the work for you.

Skyward Sword is a Wii game, not a Wii U game. You can play it on your Wii, but you have to have Wii Motion Plus on a Wii Remote to play it.
Disc loading isn't impossible, it just requires a modchip.
Anyway disc loading should really be a last resort nowadays. If you can get a HDD somehow (ask for one for your birthday, or whatever you need to) then that's a much better solution. It's cheaper in the long run as you can fit a lot of games on and swap them out, load speeds are faster, and you can carry all your games with you without bringing all the discs.

upindreams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

How do i do this with USB?
And where can i download the right version.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your USB drive is formatted as FAT32, you can create a folder called apps and put your homebrew applications in there like you would with an SD card. This is assuming your Homebrew Channel and/or forwarder channel are new enough that it supports this feature and is running using IOS58. If not, you will need to reinstall the latest Homebrew Channel with IOS58 installed. There's no harm in trying.

upindreams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If your USB drive is formatted as FAT32, you can create a folder called apps and put your homebrew applications in there like you would with an SD card. This is assuming your Homebrew Channel and/or forwarder channel are new enough that it supports this feature and is running using IOS58. If not, you will need to reinstall the latest Homebrew Channel with IOS58 installed. There's no harm in trying.

okay i think i need to re-install it with the newest one., Keep in mind i only have a usb atm.

So how do i do this exactly? And will this remove my backup player?

Aractus

Trophies
Website
blog.aractus.com
XP
Country
Do you have a digital camera? You can just borrow its SD-card for the moment, if you want.

Anyway, if you have the homebrew channel you can use your usb stick for apps for the moment, download sysckeck and post the report here. Then we can let you know if there's anything that needs to be updated, and how to do it.

Actually I quite like the use of dvd-r for gamecube because it doesn't require replacing the original system MIOS with a hacked version, and we've long since moved away from using hacked IOS's (in the original slots). So personally, I think the two methods are equal, I wouldn't say that one is better than the other.

upindreams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i want to play burned games. Where do i start? My friend already installed some stuff.

I couldnt find the syschec.csv so i just write it down.

syscheck v2.1.-b19 by double_a and R2-D2199,Nano
... runs on IOS58( rev 6176)

Region: PAL
System menu 4.3E (v514)

Drive date: 2006.05.26
Homebrew channel 1.1.0 running on IOS58
Homebrewfilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x11
console ID: 68309209
Boot 2 v4
Found 102 titles
Found 51 IOS on this console. 6 of them are stub.

Not sure if the other stuff was important.

Also if i start up back up channel player with the disc in it it just turn black screen and the remote turns off.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do i do this exactly? And will this remove my backup player?
You can install homebrew apps to your FAT32 USB the same way you would install them to your SD card. Create a folder called apps and put your homebrew applications in there. You can use ModMii to download recommended homebrew apps if you're so inclined.

Actually I quite like the use of dvd-r for gamecube because it doesn't require replacing the original system MIOS with a hacked version, and we've long since moved away from using hacked IOS's (in the original slots). So personally, I think the two methods are equal, I wouldn't say that one is better than the other.
The two methods are equal, except when it comes to loading times, laser wear, requiring discs to burn, requiring a Wii made on or before ~2009, etc. Retail GameCube games work with DIOS MIOS installed in the MIOS slot. There's no drawback. GameCube disc backup loading also requires a custom MIOS installed in the MIOS slot, so I don't know what your point was.

I did the syscheck. And i clicked upload where is it?
Follow this guide to successfully post a sysCheck.

So i want to play burned games. Where do i start? My friend already installed some stuff.
Burned games are not recommended. USB loading is the preferred method of backup loading including but not limited to the reasons I listed above. If you still want to use discs, then post a sysCheck and we will go from there.

Not sure if the other stuff was important.
The other stuff is very important. Follow the above sysCheck guide.

upindreams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
followed the guide!

Not trying to be rude or anything! I appreciate the help really! But i dont got to much time for this so i'd like to go straight to the point and show me easy steps to run those backup burned games.

sysCheck v2.1.0b19 by Double_A and R2-D2199, Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)

Drive date: 2006.05.26
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS58
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 68309209
Boot2 v4
Found 102 titles.
Found 51 IOS on this console. 6 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[37] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[56] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[36] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS250 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v65535

Report generated on 2013/09/09.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum