So I got a GBA Micro for a Yu-Gi-Oh Card...

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by DTGS, May 22, 2010.

May 22, 2010
  1. DTGS
    OP

Newcomer DTGS Advanced Member

United States
    It was United We Stand from Retro Pack 2 if anyone wants to know. Anyway, it's in pretty good condition amazingly. The plate has scratches of course, so I may replace it. I also have to buy a charger. Anyway, I have a few questions since I've never owned a Micro before, only an SP during the GB Advance Era.

1. Is it supposed to be super dusty/linty inside the the area where the actual screen is? You know, remove the plate?
    2. Where can I get replacement plates?
    3. What are the functions of the that volume button on the right side? It has some symbols there I don't recognize other than the volume one.
    4. Anything else I should know? Can it play GBC? Any flash...er cartridges for it?

Thanks a bunch.

2. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    1. No, it's not *supposed* to be, it just means the person that had it before you was super lazy when they switched faceplates.

2. Nintendo still sells the AC Adapter you'll need, but they no longer sell faceplates. Check eBay.

3. Its normal function is volume up/down. It you hold the L trigger and press up/down, it increases/decreases the screen brightness.

4. It can only play GBA cartridges/flash carts, no Game Boy Mono/Colour carts. You can use a GBM/GBC emulator to play those games from a flashcart though.

3. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    I am not sure about anything except for the last one. It can only play GBA (I think). I think all GBA flashcarts will work.

That said nice trade!

4. DTGS
    OP

Newcomer DTGS Advanced Member

United States
    I know. The guy must have been desperate lol. Okay, so how can I clean off the lint stuff?

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    air can or with a damp cloth. or cleaning solution for eye glasses.

6. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Clean it with cheesecloth or a microfibre cloth if there's a fingerprint that won't buff out or something. Don't use any liquid whatsoever.