Hacking So I got a free opus 360 that is jtagged but failed while writing to nand.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's to bad you're living in Canandaland, otherwise I'd say send it to me and I'll have a lookie but shipping costs n what not.

I don't know the history of the console nor do I know if you properly soldered up your LPT wiring.
The wrong voltage can "invisibly" fry a NAND chip.

Reactions: Tizm

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's to bad you're living in Canandaland, otherwise I'd say send it to me and I'll have a lookie but shipping costs n what not.

I don't know the history of the console nor do I know if you properly soldered up your LPT wiring.
The wrong voltage can "invisibly" fry a NAND chip.
too bad i never soldered the lpt wiring and i wish my brother and his friend never did it. oh well good practice for when my coolrunner comes in for my slim

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Some people shouldn't attempt hacking.
I seen so many horror scenarios about fools thinking they can solder and end up smearing a board in lead...

It pains me to see what people do to equipment.

Anyway, the only way to restart over again is to write a stock NAND to the console and see if it boots stock.
From that point on, one can re-JTAG it.

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some people shouldn't attempt hacking.
I seen so many horror scenarios about fools thinking they can solder and end up smearing a board in lead...

It pains me to see what people do to equipment.

Anyway, the only way to restart over again is to write a stock NAND to the console and see if it boots stock.
From that point on, one can re-JTAG it.
what makes matters somewhat worse was it was a free console (actually not that bad, the bad part is that they tried doing it via lpt :P )

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Doesn't matter if someone gives you money for it to take it even ;/
I guess it's still better then getting blamed for getting banned/bricked whilst clearly warning about what improper usage of hacked consoles can do.

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To anyone trying to cheap out like my brother and his friend. Don't do what they were doing. Get real equipment and practice before hand!
(or try to fix their mistakes)

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sad news bois, looks like its a xenon. gonna have to find a 203 watt psu to go with it. i was bamboozled! That could also be why its not running cuz i was using a opus donor nand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: In colder times, I would have had some Cream of Mushroom with it :D