So...I finally watched Appleseed

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jumpman17, Jan 28, 2008.

Jan 28, 2008
  1. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    So, I finally watched Appleseed (the 2004 3D remake). I'm not sure why it took me so long to watch it as I've wanted to see it. But I quite enjoyed it. Now with the sequel coming out soon, I can't help but wonder how it will turn out. From the trailers, it seems they are replacing the anime cel-shading with a more realistic looking shading. Also, I can't help but seem to compare Appleseed to Ghost in the Shell. Both films seemed to enjoy success and had sequels looked forward to. But it may just be me, but the sequel for GitS was horrible. It sure looked pretty, but geez, I was so bored. So I can't help but worry that with their new more realistic style that it will follow the same path as GitS 2.

2. azotyp

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    It reminds me that I didnt watch sequel of gits (watched all anime series though). [​IMG]

3. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Which one is the one that came out on UMD Video?, that's actually the first movie I saw in my PSP (UMD Video off course).
    The trailer seemed awesome, but the movie was a little more than mediocre. Is there really a sequel coming?

4. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Yep, here's the trailer: http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/945/945745/vids_1.html

5. matriculated

Member matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I actually liked GitS2 more than the first one - it's actually one of my favourite movies. I guess if you're looking for an action movie it fails but I liked the ideas it had about artificial intelligence. I find the GitS series really boring.