So how do you guys with multiple handhelds decide which one to take with you?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jerome Tomaskovich, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Jerome Tomaskovich
    OP

Jerome Tomaskovich Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2015
    United States
    Hi! Out of curiosity, I was wondering how you guys decide which handheld you're going to take with you when you go out. Say you have a 3DS and a regular DS, or a 3DS XL and a Vita, how do you choose?

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I usually take them all :P

Nah seriously, I mostly use my 3DS, but sometimes, I use my PSP

CIAwesome526 and SammyPoke like this.
  3. Jerome Tomaskovich
    OP

Jerome Tomaskovich Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2015
    United States
    I'm just having the issue of "I want to play this, but I also want to play this on another console" and I really hate carrying around 2 consoles :P

4. SammyPoke

SammyPoke GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2015
    It depends on which game I want to play the most. Currently I want to play games on my 3DS, especially Fire Emblem Awakening. And the only game I have a slight desire to play from my PSP is Digimon Re:Digitize, so the 3DS wins.

Ammako and Voltshock R like this.
  5. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    Yeah, take them all. :P

6. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    You're forgetting one thing: most people over the age of 10 don't use their handhelds as portables; they play at home like everything else. The only time I take any handheld with me is for a really grindy game like pokemon.

7. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    My go-to is a GBA Micro with an EZ-Flash 4 flashcart. I also think DS Lite with R4i card and the 3 in 1 pak for GBA games is a close second for plane trips.

8. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    I have N3DSXL, a DSi XL, a DSL, a 101 SP, and a GBM. I love them all, but I tend to stick with one for a few months and then move to another. Presently I mostly use the DSi XL.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I do! I live in Tokyo, and like many people here, I have a god awful daily commute to work. Mine is particularly bad -- almost two hours each way. A handheld is a must for me!

Ammako likes this.
  9. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I can generally do everything I want with my 3DS and a DS flashcart. I'll take my micro with me as well if I want to play a GBA game.

10. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    i take my og3ds with me to the office work, there are times where i have nothing to do so its a must,

i sometimes take my n3dsXL with me as well, right now i have both with me .

but i usually dont like playing outside.. i dont know but it feels not so cool like i am not feeling comfy with it, i only feel best while gaming when i am home,

handhelds playing in my bed is best .

11. Icealote

Icealote My Winter...

Sep 2, 2008
    Sydney
    It depends on the pocket I have.

12. Voltshock R

Voltshock R Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2014
    United States
    Sadly I do not take with me (would if could safely). 3DS bumper size issue. I use microfiber in between for now until I find something to put under bumpers (like a raise without falling out). If was not a concern, then the 3ds and I would travel.

13. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    Usually the 3DS... Every so often the DS because the way 3DS emulates it doesn't please me, I alsoprefer the DS to emulate GB. I used to juggle a PSP for emulating SNES (which is what a PSP is for after all), but my wife has taken it for herself, so that one got sorted out. :P

14. Voltshock R

Voltshock R Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2014
    United States
    Any link for that emulating SNES on PSP?

15. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    PSP Go due to the size. I used to take Vita with me but it really disturbs me in long walks in my pocket.

16. djnate27

djnate27 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I hardly touch my 3DSXL, DSi or Vita. I find myself grabbing my PSP loaded w/ my favorite Japanese baseball game and my extra PSP battery.

17. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    I have my phone, a 3DS, a PSP Go and a Game Boy Micro.

I used to take my 3DS with me all the time, but now the cool factor of the 3DS streetpass and counting steps has worn out after 4 years. I have it with me only if I'm currently playing anything. Anything that's casual enough to be played while I'm on the bus or in the subway. I'd rather not focus immensely and miss a stop.
    Now I simply take whatever I'm currently playing on. I've been playing Angry Birds lately, so I only take my phone with me.

18. xy1154

xy1154 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Switzerland
    Somewhere
    NDSL (TTDS + EZ4) for sure.

19. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Gameboy Micro with EZF4. But a DS Lite with R4 Gold and 3in1 expansion slot for GBA games is a close second.

20. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I've got a N3DS and a GP2X. I used to bring both with me so I had 3ds games and emulators, but now I can run emulators on my 3DS I tend to leave the GP2X at home and just use the 3DS.