So, got Ez-Flash Vi. what next?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by CCNaru, Mar 20, 2011.

Mar 20, 2011
  1. CCNaru
    OP

Member CCNaru Warn-free Since 2005

United States
    Did the kernel thing and runs Pokemon black fine... what next? perhaps load with skin? install (if i can) apps (?)? anything else that can be done with this card other than running backup games on it? I have a DS phat so the multimedia options may be a bit limited...

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It should come with a bunch of skins- click the system tweak option and then clicking on the skin name will cycle through it. If you want more http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewforum.php?f=17 and there was a contest last year which made a load of skins. They come as files you can copy into the relevant directories (sdcard:/moonshl/skins if memory serves SD:/ez5shell/skin thanks KidIce) and select them from the options menu.

Most homebrew should be autopatched so you can copy that over like you would a rom give or take any other directories and files that need to be made, homebrew compatibility suffered a lot with the jump to 2.0 and later 3.0 but a lot of stuff should still work.

Multimedia- the multimedia abilities were sidelined in the newer kernels- moonshell does have a shortcut on the menu though. Audio is great but video is limited to DPG.

3. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Memory does not serve Fast6191. The EZ5 kernel stopped using "moonshell" as it's directory many revisions ago. SD:/ez5shell/skin is where you want to put them.

You can create your own skins if you want, there are plenty to download, etc.

Download the latest Moonshell and install it. Should be in a directory labeled moonshl2, then the shortcut from the EZ5 menu will function. He's absolutely correct about what you need to do to play video. Audio is a cinch, Moonshell plays most common (and some uncommon) audio formats.

Get the latest USRCHEAT.DAT and throw that in your ez5shell directory.

Download the walk through tool, hit up Game Faqs (or whatever) and build yourself some walk throughs for the games you are having problems w/.

Most the homebrew I want to play works fine on the EZ5... There is a lot of great stuff out there, try some of it.

Beyond running "backups" what is it you want to do exactly? It would be helpfull in telling you where to get started.

4. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    a lot of the skin from the contest are available at ndstheme
    I've never used my EZ5i for anything more than NDS roms

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Urgh and that was only 9pm.

I will say in addition to the things KidIce and I mentioned there are also a load of hacks to commercial games (translations, tweaks, improvements, reworkings and more) that are also worth checking out. See the DS rom hacking section here as it has loads of stuff.