Gaming So finally got PSP 3000 with CFW 5.03 GEN A

DTGS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I do something wrong? Or is the CFW not supposed to be permanent?

Also... I upgraded to 5.50 to see the PSN store... can I downgrade it?

Thanks.

SgtYutz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if you did the hack with ChickHen dont turn it off, the data is all stored in the ram.
but you can use sleep mode witch wont clear the ram.

as for downgrading not to sure
wink2.gif

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of yet, with the 3000 psp, the only way to get cfw is using chickHEN, then using cfwenabler, or similar, powering off unit will clear out ram, which is where chickenHEN is stored 'cause the mobo inside isn't hackzored yet.

3000 psp are not downgradable as of yet.

Some wonderful people are still working on making the hack permanent, and the fw downloadable, but as of yet, there is nothing of this sort.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
As described above since the pre-IPL (Initial Program Loader) has not been cracked no custom firmware can be flashed permanently to the PSP 2000's with the TA 088v3 (the latter day PSP Slims), or the PSP 3000's. Essentially this means exploits must be temporary as we need Sony's firmware to actually get the PSP running in the first place and then the ChickHen and any CFWEnabler's can be flashed to RAM temporarily. Of course once you power of this volatile area is flushed.

However, these exploits only work on 5.03. By updating to 5.50 you've effectively sealed your PSP into official mode until someone can find an exploit and the associated gubbins for that firmware.

The update was a boo boo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock