Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
unsure.gif

I've been searching and reading up on usb loaders for a long time since back when Waninkoko first started trying it and now i i know its advanced much since then but I still dont really understand what it exactly is and ive read plenty of tutorials and FAQs here and also at wiiso. Every tut i read is always talking about dumping a disc to the usb drive but dont the usb loaders play isos from the usb drive? I do know the drive has to b wbfs format but i dont know how to format my usb drive to this nor do I know how to put an iso from my pc onto the drive once it is wbfs formatted since windows does not recognize this format. also do the isos on the usb drive has to be in a certain form?

Sorry for being so long winded I've just been searching and been confused for so long
wacko.gif

Can someone please steer me to a full 100% clear tutorial or just explain it to me? thanks!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the usb device has to be formatted in the wbfs file system
you can add iso to it using the wii itself. Just insert a disc and it will be copied to usb
or use a special computer application to do this. you connect the drive to computer, start the application, and add the iso file

Stiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB loaders play iso's. Dumping the disc to the drive is pretty much the same as downloading an iso and copying it to the drive.

download wbfs manager. it will format the drive and its pretty easy to use. like if you need a tutorial to use wbfs manager, you probably shouldn't be attempting this. no offense. drag and drop, hit load. bingo. every time I plug my drive into my pc, I have to hit cancel cause windows doesn't' recognize and wants to format it.

hotsammysliz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow you guys respond fast... thanks alot i just like to be 100% sure and actually know what im doing when i try these things im. and one more question does it matter whether the drive has a .ciso or .iso on it to play it?

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hotsammysliz said:
Wow you guys respond fast... thanks alot i just like to be 100% sure and actually know what im doing when i try these things im. and one more question does it matter whether the drive has a .ciso or .iso on it to play it?
The usb drive will have ciso's on it. That is how they are stored by wbfs manager and the loader when they are installed to the drive. You transfer both iso's and ciso's to the usb drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1