Hacking So anyone have the update for MadWorld?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MaxDeUh
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,957
  • Replies Replies 15
Required updates for games are ALWAYS on the game disc itself. For now you only need to install the required IOS and yes you can take that from a disc from another region too. (the system menu from another region is what bricks Wiis)
 
I know the update is on the disc itself, but I have Starfall blocking it. Is the update safe? Or should I find the IOS?
 
Try this: Unblock disc updates then boot the game in GeckoOS 1.9. It should install only the necessary IOS files from the disc and not apply the rest of the update.

Just be sure to reblock disc updates when you're done.
 
Yeah, it's a new feature from 1.8 onward. So you can do that or download and install the wads like the post before mine suggested.
 
Ah, I've been using 1.7b since I first modded my Wii. Only really use it for Brawl hacks. Anyways, downloading Gecko 1.9 now, thanks!
 
MaxDeUh said:
I know the update is on the disc itself, but I have Starfall blocking it. Is the update safe? Or should I find the IOS?

The IOS is one the 1st partiton of the disc.

QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Apr 30 2009, 12:22 AM) Try this: Unblock disc updates then boot the game in GeckoOS 1.9. It should install only the necessary IOS files from the disc and not apply the rest of the update.

Just be sure to reblock disc updates when you're done.

I don't think the disc update blocker is able to intercept that. I would be surprised if you really would have to disable it to do what you told.
 
I recall reading in the release thread that you were supposed to disable update blocking for the feature to work. You could always give it a shot to see what happens.
 
One more thing, just so I don't have to make another topic. Can someone direct me to something. I recall on this board someone making a program or something that allows you to change the safety menu when you first turn on the Wii to a custom image.
 
After that's all done, I recommend you to install Preloader and uninstall Starfall
wink.gif
.

It's better overall (Except if you can't wait for an extra second of the boot time).
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted