Homebrew Snes9xGX - SD Card not found

weeedin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to run Snes9xGX 4.1.2 thru hbc and it runs just fine. When I open it tho it does not detect the SD card. I can't seem to find out why. Anyone think they can help. I have looked around and I have not found anyone that can answer it. It seems like its a very basic thing to read from the SD card so I have no idea why its not working. The files are all on the SD card, even the emulator itself was run from the SD card... please help

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
I have read on the forum that the SD Card needs to be formatted as FAT16 not FAT32. Not sure what you SD Card is formatted as but when others formatted as FAT16 it fixed their issue.

Other than that I had similar issue to Snes9x GX not reading my SD card (as FAT16) but I was using the GameCube Version 4.1.1. I made the GC Boot disc fine, game loaded fine, it would save to a small sized GC Memory Stick (My 128Mb would not save properly as it would corrupt the save file - even though I could copy saves to it fine from the small stick to the bigger one)

Anyway, I would select SD and it would stated could not detect SD card.

I know you are using the Wii version as it is 4.1.2 but you might just need to use BannerBomb. I downloaded the BannerBomb files for Wii System Menu 4.2. ALl I did was rename the existing "private directory" to "privateold" and copied the BannerBomb "private" directory to the root of the SD Card. All I then did was copy the Snes9xGX4.1.2.dol file to the root of the memory card (Yes, the .dol file - however, most say to use the .elf as they state the dol file will not boot with BannerBomb - but it does for me and BannerBomb states to Load elf/dol file), RENAME it to boot.dol, placed the roms in a folder called "snex9x\roms" along with snes9x\saves and snes9x\cheats.

I placed the memory stick in the Wii, clicked the SD Card, it asked to run the elf/dol file. I Click OK and it has works flawlessly. If you are on Wii System Menu 4.1 or lower there is a different BannerBomb to use with a slightly different method to get it to work - but just as easy.

Hope that helps in some way
smile.gif

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's a little the same so I ask here I have a pronlem with my sd
I buy 2sdhc kingston 8gb for me and for my girlfriend but the sd of my girl have a problem
my pc read it normal (I cann't fotmated to fat16 maybe cause it's 8GBHC)but I formated to NTFS AND EXFAT FROM VISTA (my Wii not read it at all only the pc read it) to fat32 FROM VISTA AND FROM XP the Wii can see it too move channel or saves play Wii ware(wad)
virtual console(wad) from sd fine the homebrew see the apps normal but none emulator can see it it say there no sd==> fceugx 3.1.0 snes9xGX 4.1.2 Visual Boy Advance GX 2.0.8 smsplus 081214 genplusgx 080826
wad manager 1.5 give me ERROR! (ret = -1) to this sd and every time that happed to tell me that theres no sd I have to eject and reject the sd to the Wii to can read it again the Wii
and my forward channel cann't read it like the WAD MANAGER or the backup launcher it's say: sd not initialized and reboot only can play WiiWare, VC, neogamma R7, and wad manager but only by the HBC not from a forwarnd
why mine is work full and to all and my girls not?it same sdhc 8GB kingston from the same market after all
frown.gif
what I must to to fix it? i have try so many thing to make my girl hapy please help me with this
the Wii is 4.0e cios rev14 softmod
your sd is weeedin is hc? how many GB it is?

weeedin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to say that I have fixed my problem... I'm not sure exactly what the issue was but I updated my hbc. I guess I was using an old version, I haven't been big on the soft modding scene, and it also added dvdx? I don't know what all it did but I updated hbc and now it seems to be working just fine.

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
what sd you have?
and I have the last hbc and the dvdx but nothing happent to the emulators and all I sayd before for this sd the other same sd it's work perfectly to the same Wii oh god how can I fix it
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-