• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    987.4 KB · Views: 18

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If your SD card can't be opened, it might be on its way to death.

Can you open it on your computer and add/remove files/games?

VanCityGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your SD card can't be opened, it might be on its way to death.

Can you open it on your computer and add/remove files/games?
Well yea like I said Wii games are running fine off of it, that’s how I put everything on…
Post automatically merged:

Alright now THIS, is messed up, I found an 8GB flash drive, copied the falls from the hard drive onto the flash drive, and it booted up Thousand Year door, what the hell did I do wrong with the SD card and Hard Drive, and why is it working fine on a flash drive which from what I’ve heard always has issues?

Last edited by VanCityGames,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well yea like I said Wii games are running fine off of it, that’s how I put everything on…

Alright now THIS, is messed up, I found an 8GB flash drive, copied the falls from the hard drive onto the flash drive, and it booted up Thousand Year door, what the hell did I do wrong with the SD card and Hard Drive, and why is it working fine on a flash drive which from what I’ve heard always has issues?
Using an SD/microSD/USB Flash drive is not recommended for playing/storing Wii/NGC games on a Wii console, you should use an external hard drive instead.

VanCityGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using an SD/microSD/USB Flash drive is not recommended for playing/storing Wii/NGC games on a Wii console, you should use an external hard drive instead.
Tried with my hard drive, posted the problem I had with it above looking to see if anyone had any soloutions

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
At least you figured that your USB Flash drive has some issues, but your SD card is still a mystery.

Backup you SD card contents (to pc), copy back to another (different) SD card (in Fat32). See how you go, but use a good brand card.

BTW - How much free space is/was on this SD card ?

VanCityGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At least you figured that your USB Flash drive has some issues, but your SD card is still a mystery.

Backup you SD card contents (to pc), copy back to another (different) SD card (in Fat32). See how you go, but use a good brand card.

BTW - How much free space is/was on this SD card ?
The sd card is 16gb, running only hombrew apps and 2-4 GC games, with all that on there I think there was 9 GB left?

The sd card is 16gb, running only hombrew apps and 2-4 GC games, with all that on there I think there was 9 GB left?
That’s a lie actually, there’s Wii games, not GameCube games. (Because couldn’t get the hard drive to run)

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually, I always assumed that the game ID's were meant to have the "[ &]" before & after. Try it.

That’s a lie actually, there’s Wii games, not GameCube games. (Because couldn’t get the hard drive to run)
Now I'm getting confused. Old age :(
Wii games in "games" folder ??? I'm trying to understand.

VanCityGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, I always assumed that the game ID's were meant to have the "[ &]" before & after. Try it.

Now I'm getting confused. Old age :(
Wii games in "games" folder ??? I'm trying to understand.I

Ill definitely try that out

And no I have GameCube games in the Wii folder

I was having a separate problem with a hard drive not reading any games at all, but pretty sure it’s just not getting enough power

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was having a separate problem with a hard drive not reading any games at all, but pretty sure it’s just not getting enough power
Y cable or separate external power supply. Y cable is cheaper.
Match your USB connections wisely.
Also, don't discount the HDD's "sleep" function.

ebisumaru-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you get this fixed as I'm having the exact same issue for my SD. I can run retroarch fine and when I load up usb loader on the homebrew channel it can see the brawl .ISO I have (but boots me straight back to the homebrew channel but that's a problem for another day as I'm already stressed enough just trying to get some GC games working)

Like yourself mines is fat32 I have the latest nintendont .boot and I have done everything I've seen everywhere else and I'm at a loss. If anyone can help that'd be amazing

VanCityGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you get this fixed as I'm having the exact same issue for my SD. I can run retroarch fine and when I load up usb loader on the homebrew channel it can see the brawl .ISO I have (but boots me straight back to the homebrew channel but that's a problem for another day as I'm already stressed enough just trying to get some GC games working)

Like yourself mines is fat32 I have the latest nintendont .boot and I have done everything I've seen everywhere else and I'm at a loss. If anyone can help that'd be amazing
I did not, I need a more powerful hard drive I’m thinking

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto