Homebrew snes9xgx classic controller not working

krunkin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, so I just got my classic controllers I ordered in the mail yesterday and to my surprise they're not working on the snes9xgx emulator. They do work with my wii games so I know the controllers work. I've done a lot of reading since last night and all I could come up with was that 3rd party controllers don't work with the snes emulator. These are not 3rd party controllers but the are the black ones which apparently from what I understand are the Japanese version. Is this possibly why they are not working, and is there any ways to get around this? I'm trying to figure out if I need to return them or not before it's too late, because I specifically bought these for the snes9xgx and if they don't work for that they're useless to me :/ I'd really appreciate any help.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is none of these controllers have landed in the hands of a programmer capable of adding the support, and how can support be added without testing the controller? It's an unfortunate situation...

Dante Wolfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
they are 3rd party if they dont work with snes9xgx

Yea I learned early on to trust only official Nintendo Hardware when it comes to the extra peripherals such as gun attachments or etc I use discretion and keep my receipts.

psiko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.withlogic.com
XP
Country
United States
@Dante Wolfe - the controller he is referring to is official Nintendo hardware, its just unsupported Nintendo hardware. Like Tantric said, in order to get it to work we need to get someone with the appropriate know-how one of those controllers and they can get it working

-psiko

dentist88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the white classic controllers and they are official non 3rd party products, and mine don't work either... what's going on with my scenario?

my controllers have the clear a and b buttons, it says wii on the front, and nintendo on teh plug

kingant

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
I bought an original classic controller pro and it works without any problem on snes9xgx (cover mod) and fceugx (cover mod)... my wii is a softmodded 4.1 U... dont know what could be happening to you.. im loading the emus from usb (fceu) and sd (snes9xgx) and no problem at all... are you sure its original?

dentist88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingant said:
I bought an original classic controller pro and it works without any problem on snes9xgx (cover mod) and fceugx (cover mod)... my wii is a softmodded 4.1 U... dont know what could be happening to you.. im loading the emus from usb (fceu) and sd (snes9xgx) and no problem at all... are you sure its original?

I load both fceu and snes9xgx from the SD card.

they work fine with wiimotes, and good for nes games, but without the classic controller snes games play poorly.

mine is a softmod 4.2u

if they aren't original controllers, then i don't know how to tell.. it has clear a and b, says wii on the front, and nintendo on teh plug.

dentist88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok.. someone on wiibrew forums got my controller issue fixed with a new boot file for snes9xgx.

now i just need to get it working on the NES emulator

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dentist88 said:
ok.. someone on wiibrew forums got my controller issue fixed with a new boot file for snes9xgx.

now i just need to get it working on the NES emulator

i'm having trouble finding this fix in wiibrew can you direct it to me because i really want snes games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok