SNES9x GX "Turbo Mode"?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by TheBeverage, Jan 12, 2017.

1. TheBeverage
    OP

TheBeverage Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    United States
    In SNES9x GX, is there any way to disable the fast forward/turbo mode that is activated by hitting the right analog stick to the right on the classic controller? I find myself hitting it accidentally and would like to know if there's a file I can edit (in the settings or in the source) to just remove that function entirely. Thanks!

2. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Funny, i have never ever hit the Turbo accidentally. Anyway, you can compile the official source, it is already disabled.
    https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/

TheBeverage likes this.
  3. TheBeverage
    OP

TheBeverage Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    United States
    Perfect, thank you!

niuus likes this.
  4. TheBeverage
    OP

TheBeverage Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    United States
    Okay, I seem to have overestimated my abilities. I have downloaded the files but cannot for my life figure out how to compile it. Googling tells me to look for compilation instructions in the individual project, which I also can't seem to find. I'm assuming the 4.3.7 version doesn't have this change? I'm still running 4.3.6. I guess I have to wait for the next version then?

Apologies for my technical ineptitude.

5. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    As a matter of fact, it does have it (since 4.3.6). Why not download the 4.3.7 binary release instead of compiling from scratch?

TheBeverage likes this.
  6. TheBeverage
    OP

TheBeverage Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    United States
    Okay great, I'll do that then. Thanks again!

niuus likes this.
  7. TheBeverage
    OP

TheBeverage Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    United States
    Okay, now I'm confused -- I downloaded 4.3.7, made sure to clear old config files, and the turbo function is still tied to that stick.

At this point I guess I'll just wait for the next release, assuming it's gone in the source.