Snes9x 4.2.9 help

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MasterChaos55, Feb 9, 2012.

Feb 9, 2012

Snes9x 4.2.9 help by MasterChaos55 at 4:03 AM (541 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. MasterChaos55
    OP

Newcomer MasterChaos55 Member

United States
    Okay so I followed the instructions to install the emulator. And when I start it with the Homebrew Channel I get an "Error loading directory" message and I'm unable to open any folders, when i try to, it sends me back to the media selection screen, (SD Card, USB Mass Storage, etc)
    When I try to put the roms on the root so I don't have to open any folders, it won't load them.
    Any help please?

2. Bryon15

Member Bryon15 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have a similar problem. I already had snes9x. I just updated to 4.2.9 Now on some games the save state won't load. When I try to load it I get a message saying "file not in snes9x format" The only games that do this that I've noticed so far are Megaman X2, Megaman X3, and Super Mario RPG. Is there anyway to fix this?

3. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom
    i recently installed and had similar problems , are you loading files from SD or USB HDD , i found that my SD is fine but my HDD crashed as it is NTFS and not FAT.

4. MasterChaos55
    OP

United States
    SD. I don't think it's my SD card though since it works for everything else.

5. Bryon15

Member Bryon15 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I think the problem is with the new version 4.2.9 I reinstalled version 4.2.8 (which I luckily had saved on my pc) and the save states worked just fine.

6. MasterChaos55
    OP

United States
    I have SM 3.2. Could that be the problem?