SNES Reproduction Help Needed

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Drud1995, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Drud1995
    OP

Drud1995 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    United States
    Magicant
    Hi all, i'm currently taking apart some SNES games and viewing guides in understanding the ROM chips used and specific boards for Super Nintendo games. Which sites would be best for finding the ROM chips I need? In a guide it said 27C801's for smaller games and 29F032 for larger games, but i'm not sure where to find them. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    I bought mine from ebay. These are very cheap, don't forget to buy an uv eraser ;)

3. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    There's boards out there now as wel so you don't have to use old games

bakageta and koffieleut like this.
  4. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    That's true, even the folks at aliexpress are using these boards. It's also more simple and safe to use these boards, because you don't have to desolder old components from the existing boards.

elmoemo likes this.
  5. kutteke

kutteke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    Belgium
    bought mine from buyicnow they also have a service to flash the rom you want on there if you don't have a flasher on hand

zfreeman likes this.
  6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You could buy one of these:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8-16-32-Bit-Custom-Game-Card/32288967945.html
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20pcs-game-card-free-shipping/32412740332.html

7. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    you dont need any downer boards to make most repos anymore. i used new flash boards to make mine. I made a Star Ocean Cart , Rockman and Forte, secret of mana 2, and tales of phantasia. all you do is flash the board and its good to go. cant make star fox 2 this way but for most repos its great. The only issue is that there is no dsp support. but al the rpgs dont use one cept for star ocean but there is a version that works with out the decompression chip

The decompressed Star Ocean Rom is 12megabits so you need the 12 MB board. I have the working rom if you need it.

http://www.infiniteneslives.com/snessupplies.php
    thats where i got them from. the boards can be re-flashed many times
    you can make nes repos also. you will need the cart programmer and i suggest getting the one with all 3 slots

Last edited by Captain_N, May 18, 2017