Hacking SNES games on G6 Lite and other emulators

kylew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had my g6 lite for about 2 months now and have played only gba and nds games. As i understand it, the g6 lite also has the ability to emulate snes roms. How exactly do you set this up and run it? I have checked the faq/g6 guide but it only covered writing nds and gba games. Also, where is the new g6 lite software download page? this one no longer works: http://www.handheldsources.com/Download.html

Thanks,

-kyle

Helmut

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You need an external emulator like SnesDS or SnezziDS. But don't expect it to work well! Those software are in a very early state of developpement and only a few games work, and not so well.

kylew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the g6 lite doesnt have the so called "built in emulators" as described? Is my best bet just to stick with the ds and gba gaming?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The G6 does have inbuilt emulators for NES, GB, SMS and GG. You need to use the GBA side of the G6-Manager to copy over the roms.

No SNES support.

The software download page is down at the moment, It's been down for close to two days, I'm not sure why.

kylew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks for the info guys. Whats your oppinion on the best snes emu for the g6 lite? Also how does it work? Will i copy the emu loader as a gba game and load it from the g6 menu?

Bluemoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a look at the Nintendo DS Emulation Forum...there have been a couple of posts on the best SNES emulator as well as how to use them. I was trying myself to get SNES emulation working until I discovered that a lot of the games I wanted to play from SNES had been redone for the GBA! A lot easier without the emulation
smile.gif

kylew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man the download page is still down today. Should we be concerned? Also, how can i get my flashed nes games to have a screenshot/title on the game selection screen on my g6? All it has is a little g6 icon and all the titles say "pocketNES"...is their away to asign a title/screen shot?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
download page is working.
1-so NES emulation is cool?
2-how about GENESIS emulation?
3-i heard that u have to convert the SNES roms to GBA roms in order to use it? how is it?
TIA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)