SNES games on G6 Lite and other emulators

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by kylew, Nov 25, 2006.

Nov 25, 2006
  1. kylew
    OP

Newcomer kylew Newbie

United States
    I have had my g6 lite for about 2 months now and have played only gba and nds games. As i understand it, the g6 lite also has the ability to emulate snes roms. How exactly do you set this up and run it? I have checked the faq/g6 guide but it only covered writing nds and gba games. Also, where is the new g6 lite software download page? this one no longer works: http://www.handheldsources.com/Download.html

Thanks,

-kyle

2. Helmut

Member Helmut GBAtemp Regular

France
    You need an external emulator like SnesDS or SnezziDS. But don't expect it to work well! Those software are in a very early state of developpement and only a few games work, and not so well.

3. kylew
    OP

Newcomer kylew Newbie

United States
    So the g6 lite doesnt have the so called "built in emulators" as described? Is my best bet just to stick with the ds and gba gaming?

4. RyuKakashi

Member RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the built in emu for g6/m3 doesn't have snes support, contrary to what the engrish may suggest.
    use the externals, they work fine on g6.

5. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    The G6 does have inbuilt emulators for NES, GB, SMS and GG. You need to use the GBA side of the G6-Manager to copy over the roms.

No SNES support.

The software download page is down at the moment, It's been down for close to two days, I'm not sure why.

6. kylew
    OP

Newcomer kylew Newbie

United States
    ok thanks for the info guys. Whats your oppinion on the best snes emu for the g6 lite? Also how does it work? Will i copy the emu loader as a gba game and load it from the g6 menu?

7. Bluemoon

Newcomer Bluemoon Newbie

United States
    Take a look at the Nintendo DS Emulation Forum...there have been a couple of posts on the best SNES emulator as well as how to use them. I was trying myself to get SNES emulation working until I discovered that a lot of the games I wanted to play from SNES had been redone for the GBA! A lot easier without the emulation [​IMG]

8. Hypnotoad

Member Hypnotoad GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well that's not good.

9. kylew
    OP

Newcomer kylew Newbie

United States
    Man the download page is still down today. Should we be concerned? Also, how can i get my flashed nes games to have a screenshot/title on the game selection screen on my g6? All it has is a little g6 icon and all the titles say "pocketNES"...is their away to asign a title/screen shot?

10. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    download page is working.
    1-so NES emulation is cool?
    2-how about GENESIS emulation?
    3-i heard that u have to convert the SNES roms to GBA roms in order to use it? how is it?
    TIA