SNES Emulators crash on exit

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by loco365, Dec 20, 2012.

1. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    So I use SNES emulators. Sometimes for gaming and other times for SPC playback. Anyways, whenever I go to exit any SNES emulator, whether it's SnesPSP Tyl 0.4.2 mecm or Snes9X Euphoria R5 Beta 3, when I go to return to the XMB, the screen goes black... And stays black. I then have to manually shut off the PSP. I'm currently running 6.20 PRO-C. Is there a reason behind the crashing?

2. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    i'm running 6.60 pro-b and i don't have this issue. perhaps its a pro-c regression, but i rather doubt that after reading the change logs.

i'm using snes9xTYLmecm091127_fixed2. most of my settings are default. i haven't tried any other snes emus or builds.

-another world

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I haven't had this issue myself, but I HAVE seen this issue with other people's PSPs.
    Unfortunately I've got no damned clue what causes it...

Try wiping everything off the memory stick except for /psp/game/snesemulator/ (whatever it's named) and the ROM folder, then restart the PSP and see if it still crashes?

4. soulrazor

soulrazor GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2012
  5. xen20

xen20 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2012
    Iceland
    Using SnesPSP Tyl 0.4.2 myself on 6.20 PRO B10 on a PSP Go and PSP 3000, no problems at all. Perhaps it's something in PRO-C, how about trying a singed version of the emulators in OFW? PRO-B can run CFW and OFW side by side IIRC... not sure about PRO-C, but try to hold start or select during boot (forgot which :P)

6. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Well, clearing the card didn't work. Reformatting also didn't work. So I tried both builds linked in that Google Code page. Neither of them worked either.

Guess I'm just SOL.