Homebrew SNES Emulator query

FranckKnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't tried any yet, and I know there are several SNES Emulators on the NDS, so simply curious about how well certain games run on those, if anyone has tried them.

Games I'd be looking into running off and emulator :
-Lufia and the Fortress of Doom
-Lufia 2 : Rise of the Sinistrals
-Soul Blazer
-Illusion of Gaia
-Terranigma
-Harvest Moon
-Earthbound
-Actraiser

I'm sure there was other games, but I can't think of any more right now, so I might just add some later.

PS You can comment on my selection too, those are old favorites of mine
yaynds.gif

FranckKnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iisdev said:
What? No Zelda? No Final Fantasy III? What about Secret of Mana? Missing some classics there, bub.

FF3 is already ported to GBA and I own it, so I don't really need to play the old version of it, especially with extra stuff and bug fixes
tongue.gif
Not that the old one was bad, just that there's no need to play two versions of essentially the same game XD

And yes, I forgot Secret of Mana, yet I'm not sure I want to emulate it, as I liked the 'multiplayer' aspect of it. I already went through the game at least twice over with most level 8 weapons, so I don't feel like emulating it per say XD

But you're right, Secret of Mana and FF3(FF6) rate among the best of the SNES era.

As for Zelda, it's another redone on GBA that was essentially the same. I'd rather play the hacked version than the original off an emulator (or get it off the Virtual Console for the best sound
rolleyes.gif
)

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
FranckKnight said:
I haven't tried any yet, and I know there are several SNES Emulators on the NDS, so simply curious about how well certain games run on those, if anyone has tried them.

-Soul Blazer
-Illusion of Gaia
-Terranigma
-Harvest Moon
-Earthbound
-Actraiser

I'm sure there was other games, but I can't think of any more right now, so I might just add some later.

yaynds.gif

... Chrono Trigger... Breath of Fire... Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World
happy.gif

FranckKnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seazn said:
... Chrono Trigger... Breath of Fire... Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World
happy.gif

As much as I appreciate the suggestion to add to my list, I'd like to know how well those I listed work on the NDS emulators
tongue.gif

This is not a list of my top 5, just a list of favorites I'd be interested in playing again on emulator, or maybe Virtual Console, some day. While I can play these on PC, I wondered about the quality of them off NDS emulator. I've played a good while of Harvest Moon and FF5 off my PSP, but the quality wasn't that awesome either.

And yes, I agree with Chrono Trigger, but then again I got the PSX version,a s slow as it is, there's still unlockables that make it worth the 10th playthrough of it
tongue.gif
So there's reasons why not EVERY game I like is on there, these are just those I want to know how good they run with current emulators off portable systems.

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
FranckKnight said:
Seazn said:
happy.gif

As much as I appreciate the suggestion to add to my list, I'd like to know how well those I listed work on the NDS emulators
tongue.gif

This is not a list of my top 5, just a list of favorites I'd be interested in playing again on emulator, or maybe Virtual Console, some day. While I can play these on PC, I wondered about the quality of them off NDS emulator. I've played a good while of Harvest Moon and FF5 off my PSP, but the quality wasn't that awesome either.

And yes, I agree with Chrono Trigger, but then again I got the PSX version,a s slow as it is, there's still unlockables that make it worth the 10th playthrough of it
tongue.gif
So there's reasons why not EVERY game I like is on there, these are just those I want to know how good they run with current emulators off portable systems.

Most games (including the ones I mentioned) work on Snemul DS.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also BoF & BoF2 on the GBA, so, again why bother with the old SNES version?

Super Mario World: Not missing much if you don't get to play EXACTLY that one. (It was great back in the day, but...) Anyways, Super Mario Advance (GBA) was fairly similar to it, even though not identical and there were a couple of other IIRC.

Oath

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FranckKnight said:

-Soul Blazer
-Illusion of Gaia
-Terranigma
-Harvest Moon
-Earthbound
-Actraiser

yaynds.gif

Awesome rpg's, Ive beaten and loved all of those. But there's also...
Zelda- Parallel Worlds- ALTTP Hack
Treasure of Rudras
Brandish 1 and 2
Actraiser 2
Live-A-Live
Brain Lord
Secret of Evermore
Paladins Quest
Mystic Ark

tongue.gif
lol, kinda got carried away with the list, but those are all great games, try them.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd first check the SNEmulDS compatibility lists at both the GBATemp wiki and PocketHeaven wiki, as they contain notes on different games, though they may be out of date.

Regarding Illusion of Gaia specifically, in order to get full speed you have to actually use an older version of SNEmulDS that doesn't crash when using the Interrupt speedhack. See my notes in the game's entry at the PH Wiki compatibility list for more info on that.

If you have a slot-2 device, you can also look into SnezziDS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here