Status
Not open for further replies.

dead1486

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you guys think we'll actually see a complete SNES emulator for the 3DS? I was dying to play Earthbound on my DS lite but sadly snesds was incompatible and SNEmulDS had several graphics overlay problems.

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS' Virtual Console will also have SNES games, and that should be available in March.

As for homebrew, when and if we get homebrew on it, I'm positive we can get full speed SNES emulation, as the 3DS' processing power is much higher than the DS. WHo knows, maybe we'll even get N64 emulation one day?

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
OmegaVesko said:
The 3DS' Virtual Console will also have SNES games, and that should be available in March.

As for homebrew, when and if we get homebrew on it, I'm positive we can get full speed SNES emulation, as the 3DS' processing power is much higher than the DS. WHo knows, maybe we'll even get N64 emulation one day?

you mean MAY.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dead1486 said:
Do you guys think we'll actually see a complete SNES emulator for the 3DS? I was dying to play Earthbound on my DS lite but sadly snesds was incompatible and SNEmulDS had several graphics overlay problems.
Only graphical problems I had in Earthbound in SNEmulDS were the boss battle backgrounds, and tinkering with layer settings for 3 seconds fixed it.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually there has been no mention of SNES for the 3ds virtual console. There were some SNES/NES tech demos showing how the layers in those games could be used to make a 3d effect... but the only things confirmed for it so far are GB/C, GG, and TG-16.

Any SNES emulator for 3DS will almost assuredly use Snes9x as the source and thus be far far FAR more compatible than anything made from scratch for GBA/DS/L because those were based on a concept called HLE (High Level Emulation). This is when instead of translating every command like traditional emulation, you instead map identical or similar (this is where compatibility gets bad) commands from the emulated console to the machine doing the emulating.

The main problem with SNES emulators on GBA/DS is that they map SNES video hardware to the equivalent GBA/DS hardware... But the biggest problem is that the SNES had 4 hardware layers for graphics and various effects where as the GBA/DS only have 3 and more of their graphic effects are done via software... The GBA/DS processors just aren't powerful enough to emulate all the effects/layers in hardware... the 3DS can.

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I was just thinking about this the other night. I can't wait for a homebrew snes emu for the 3ds. The 3d possibilities are endless. You could have different bg/fg/sprite layers on different 3d planes ... and mode7 in 3d would be awesome.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
OmegaVesko said:
The 3DS' Virtual Console will also have SNES games, and that should be available in March May.
Where's your source?

Seconded. I don't know what the hell he/she is getting his/her facts from.

I would LOVE a proper, fullspeed emu on the 3DS. I wonder if Sudokuhax has a future on the 3DS...

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Schlupi said:
machomuu said:
OmegaVesko said:
The 3DS' Virtual Console will also have SNES games, and that should be available in March May.
Where's your source?

I would LOVE a proper, fullspeed emu on the 3DS. I wonder if Sudokuhax has a future on the 3DS...

If we don't talk about it maybe Nintendo will forget...

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keva said:
Schlupi said:
machomuu said:
OmegaVesko said:
Where's your source?

If we don't talk about it maybe Nintendo will forget...

joystick claimed the VC would get snes along with the others. But joystick is just has bad as ign these days.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about you try porting an emulator to non-native hardware architecture?

TheSven

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's been a little while on this topic. Has anyone found a reliable emulator yet for the 3DS? I personally find the Nintendo ambassador program to be complete crap, I would love love love to get my hands on the ORIGINAL Super Mario bros. 2 for NES. I've been looking for a pirated rom file that I could transfer to my SD card, but now that the 'new' SMB2 has launched it is impossible to even search for it anymore.

Thanks Nintendo.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
No. And so this doesn't get necrobumped again, it will be closed. I'm sure if someone finds a way to emulate SNES on 3DS, it would be after the 3DS is hacked, and that hasn't even been done yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la