Homebrew snes emulation on 2DS ?

alucard_xs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello dudes,

I've got a Gateway 3DS cartridge and a 2DS and I'm wondering about emulating super Nintendo softwares, is there a good emulator out there ?
Btw, is there a way to install 3DSX files with the Gateway ?

thanks

Last edited by alucard_xs,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello dudes,

I've got a Gateway 3DS cartridge and a 2DS and I'm wondering about emulating super Nintendo softwares, is there a good emulator out there ?
Btw, is there a way to install 3DSX files with the Gateway ?

thanks
I personally like BlargSNES, but it can't run all games: The ones it can emulate run them very well, though. (I think LTTP only works on 1.2 though)

You can't install 3DSX files unless there is an alternative CIA build of them. You can, however, install the Homebrew Launcher Loader by yellows8 to your home menu as a CIA, which will boot you to the homebrew menu as a channel while offline even in Gateway mode.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how the CIA builds of RetroArch compare to BlargSnes, or how the CIA version of BlargSnes performs. So, without considering those, BlargSnes would be your best option.

As for 3dsx homebrew you might want to run: there is a CIA Homebrew Launcher Loader thanks to Yellows8 for loading 3dsx homebrew.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how the CIA builds of RetroArch compare to BlargSnes, or how the CIA version of BlargSnes performs. So, without considering those, BlargSnes would be your best option.

As for 3dsx homebrew you might want to run: there is a CIA Homebrew Launcher Loader thanks to Yellows8 for loading 3dsx homebrew.
CIA version of blargSNES allows sound and sleep mode. From what I hear (I think it was on the official website for the emu?), it's the best option to run the program.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIA version of blargSNES allows sound and sleep mode. From what I hear (I think it was on the official website for the emu?), it's the best option to run the program.
The 3dsx version only has sound issues on the N3DS. O3DS it's fine. Also, with the newer payloads, sleep mode works fine. I don't know if the CIA version offers anything over the 3dsx version anymore. Anyway, I was only pointing out the 3dsx launcher for other homebrew the OP might look into.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans