Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
So, after a lot of troubles, I finally made a SNEmulDS compatible with the extlink feature of Moonshell 2.
Traduction for dummies : that's an SNEmulDS that you put on a folder of your moonshell, and it allows you to load a SNES rom directly from moonshell, instead of having to load SNEmulDS, then search the rom and load it.

I'm not releasing it yet, because I still have to fix some stuff, and I only managed to compile SNEmulDS 0.4. I want to mod the 0.5 version, but still can't compile it (help would be appreciated)

Also, my Moonshell does a weird stuff. If I let the RomID of my SNEmulDS to SNDS, it does not load it and says it can't load commercial roms.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ultralex said:
doesn't work for me.
it just starts to the game select screen
Did you check SNEmulDS's compatibility list for version 0.4?

Tried it out for myself. It works out fine so far (I still hate the SNES folder xD but the extlink does what its supposed to). I played Super Aleste for all of half an hour before I realized I had to go somewhere.

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Ultralex said:
doesn't work for me.

What's the name of the rom ? When Moonshell adds the filename to extlink.dat, somehow long names get cut, like in old versions of Dos. For example final_fantasy_3.smc would become FINAL~1.smc, and SNEmul can not find it. You'd have to rename it to ff3.smc or something like that.
I can't fix this (I think), we'll have to wait for an update of Moonshell 2 that fixes it.

jurassicplayer said:
QUOTE(Ultralex @ Oct 28 2009, 01:16 PM) doesn't work for me.

Tried it out for myself. It works out fine so far (I still hate the SNES folder xD but the extlink does what its supposed to). I played Super Aleste for all of half an hour before I realized I had to go somewhere.

It works if you put your rom anywhere, not just the SNES folder. But SNEmulDS still won't display them in its list unless they are in the SNES folder.

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Ok, I checked and there was a problem, Ultralex was right. jurassicplayer you probably had only one file on your folder.
I fixed it, and it even works with long filenames now
smile.gif

File re-uploaded at the same link as in the original post
smile.gif

EDIT : someone contacted me and asked for a DSivision 2 compatible version. I'll see what I can do but since I have an sdhc card, DSivision does not work fine on my DSTT

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Nice work man, i just came here after reading the other thread about this lol.
gonna put it on right now
tongue.gif

Oh and cant wait for a higher version
tongue.gif

If you can get it done.

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I need to figure out how to compile the 0.5, and then it will be allright. Having sources of the 0.6 alpha would be nice too.

Also, I was wondering if the 0.4 already used the snes.cfg file ?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Ben_j said:
Ok, I checked and there was a problem, Ultralex was right. jurassicplayer you probably had only one file on your folder.
smile.gif

smile.gif

EDIT : someone contacted me and asked for a DSivision 2 compatible version. I'll see what I can do but since I have an sdhc card, DSivision does not work fine on my DSTT

Incorrect, DSision2 itself Will work fine with an HCSD card, the only thing that wont work, is using ysmenu to load backups, homebrew will still load.

DSision2 should work fine on your card if you only need to test snemulds with it.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ben_j said:
Ultralex said:
doesn't work for me.

What's the name of the rom ? When Moonshell adds the filename to extlink.dat, somehow long names get cut, like in old versions of Dos. For example final_fantasy_3.smc would become FINAL~1.smc, and SNEmul can not find it. You'd have to rename it to ff3.smc or something like that.
I can't fix this (I think), we'll have to wait for an update of Moonshell 2 that fixes it.

jurassicplayer said:
QUOTE(Ultralex @ Oct 28 2009, 01:16 PM) doesn't work for me.

It works if you put your rom anywhere, not just the SNES folder. But SNEmulDS still won't display them in its list unless they are in the SNES folder.

I too had that problem with my AKAIO Rom loader, Maybe one of these days i'll share my code.

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Normmatt said:
I too had that problem with my AKAIO Rom loader, Maybe one of these days i'll share my code.

What problem did you have ?

spinal_cord said:
QUOTE(Ben_j @ Oct 29 2009, 12:02 PM) Ok, I checked and there was a problem, Ultralex was right. jurassicplayer you probably had only one file on your folder.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Incorrect, DSision2 itself Will work fine with an HCSD card, the only thing that wont work, is using ysmenu to load backups, homebrew will still load.

DSision2 should work fine on your card if you only need to test snemulds with it.

I didn't know that. I'll try.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ben_j said:
Normmatt said:

What problem did you have ?

spinal_cord said:
QUOTE(Ben_j @ Oct 29 2009, 12:02 PM) Ok, I checked and there was a problem, Ultralex was right. jurassicplayer you probably had only one file on your folder.
smile.gif

smile.gif

I didn't know that. I'll try.

I thought it was obvious by my quote, I had trouble with moonshell2 providing the short filenames only, I worked around it by doing some trickery.

insanepotato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
numbat.cs.rmit.edu.au
XP
Country
how exciting! =O

tbh, i'll wait till u can get the latest version working, considering most my games aren't compatible anyways. This great. I've kinda always hoped all the emulators and stuff would soon be integrated into moonshell ^^

keep up the good work.

ps. i know a bit of c/c++, but im a noob. if i can help in anyways, lets me know. i just cant wait to see moonshell "nativly" running snes roms ahahhaa

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I don't need help, it's not a lot of code to add.
And I think the 0.5 will be the highest version you'll get for moonshell, since SNEmulDS hasn't been updated for almost 2 years and there are no sources for the 0.6 alpha (of if you know where to find them, let me know).
Dunno if I'll have time to work on it this afternoon, if not, you'll probably have it on monday or thursday.

EDIT : new clean topic for the v0.5
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188297

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ