SnemulDS loading Romhacks?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by sidgallup, Sep 22, 2011.

Sep 22, 2011

SnemulDS loading Romhacks? by sidgallup at 5:28 AM (800 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. sidgallup
    OP

Newcomer sidgallup Newbie

Kiribati
    I'm using latest SnemulDS version (0.6 i guess) and i want to run some of the Mario Wordl / Yoshi's Island hacks ive collected over the years, problem is the only one that is running is "SMW Return to Dinosaur Island", it loads and saves perfectly... however none of the others are, SMB Deluxe, SMB Lost Levels Deluxe, Yoshi's Island Kamek Revenge, Yoshi's Island 2+2... i've checked if maybe removing the headers and/or deintearleaving the Roms did the trick but still no luck, i'm using an R4SDHC by the way, every other compatible game runs just fine, so im wondering if anybody here has succeded in running hacks on it...

2. KazoWAR

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    not sure about the smw hacks, but i know that Yoshi island does not work so any hacks wouldn't either.

3. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    the only hack i know that works is a strange mission

4. sidgallup
    OP

Newcomer sidgallup Newbie

Kiribati
    "Return to Dinosaur Island" works fine too... well, after several failed attempts at patching and deinterleaving and removing headers, and also mixing all of those i can't make any other hack work...

5. absolalone111

Newcomer absolalone111 Chiptune Extraordinaire

United Kingdom
    i had snemulds running on my m3 for a while, and had a rom hack i had done myself, i got bored and hack smw so it had the levels from smb, i remeber when i ran it, i couldnt see the bottom of the screen, so i died a lot. It woked fine, but on the select level screen, marios sprite was a bit messed up, colour wise, but im preaty sure it did that with the non-hack of smw

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    SNEmulDS has always been known to have terrible compatibility with romhacks. I don't think there's much you can do.