Homebrew snemulDS - G6 save state

miller727

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know how to make the save states work on SnemulDS with a G6 Lite? If I try to save, the system freezes and I have to restart my DS.

I have tried without any success to find this answer. Is there any way to make this work?? (Freezes with any game I've tried)

I have patched with Dldi and can play games perfectly - just can't save.....??

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it save state from SNemulDS or from your computer? If it's from your computer, than it will never work.

I think save states are still pretty buggy in SNemulDS for all if not most flash carts.

miller727

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PizzaPasta said:
Is it save state from SNemulDS or from your computer? If it's from your computer, than it will never work.

I think save states are still pretty buggy in SNemulDS for all if not most flash carts.

No, it's straight from the emulator. I will start a new game, play for a bit and then try to save via a save state. As soon as I try, the game and all button function including the stylus freeze up. In the snes directory it does create a .srm file for that game, but that's all.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
miller727 said:
PizzaPasta said:

No, it's straight from the emulator. I will start a new game, play for a bit and then try to save via a save state. As soon as I try, the game and all button function including the stylus freeze up. In the snes directory it does create a .srm file for that game, but that's all.

Hmm, a .srm file is just the save data for the game, a savestate file in SNemulDS is always a .sm file with a number at the end that will detemine which save slot it is in (.sm0 for slot 1, .sm1 for 2, etc.)

So it sounds like it's not making a save state at all, which is probably why it freezes. Which game are you haveing the most trouble with?

miller727

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PizzaPasta said:
miller727 said:
PizzaPasta said:

Hmm, a .srm file is just the save data for the game, a savestate file in SNemulDS is always a .sm file with a number at the end that will detemine which save slot it is in (.sm0 for slot 1, .sm1 for 2, etc.)

So it sounds like it's not making a save state at all, which is probably why it freezes. Which game are you haveing the most trouble with?

It was for all games that I tried. You are right about the .srm vs. .sm#, I realized that after I wrote it.

I did find out what the problem was and fixed it last night. Apparently when I downloaded the proper dldi for the G6 flash, I got v0.15 and not the latest one (which is v0.19). I thought it was the latest. After repatching SnemulDS with the new patch and trying to save state a game it worked!!

thanks for your help though, I've spent the last three days trying to find the answer to my problem and in the end solved it myself.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's good to hear, I do that all the time actually. Sometimes, I'll post a question on here and find the answer after a bit of searching. That usually makes me feel real smart.
wink.gif

I'm glad to hear you got it working, take care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kendrick lamar dropped the bar "fuck the big 3, it's just big me" when he featured on a song by...