Hacking SNEEK v2

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you use only one sd-card or did you try more of them? I think I tried more then ten cards and half of them failed on loading sneek. Even a 8 gb SDHC-card from Kingston gives only blue flashing tree lights on me. And now I'm using Pune's mod with a white brand card for the bin file, bootmii folder and the homebrew apps folder (It has only SD and 2 gb printed on the front) and it never failed to boot.

Gabber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've used windows built-in formatter
rolleyes.gif

i also got EASEUS Partition Master 4.1.1 Professional Edition though, but that doesnt see my sd

Gabber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OverjoY said:
What format tool do you use to format your sd-cards? Try Panasonic format tool: Here. This did the trick for me when using my own system nand backup.

Still gives me a corrupt message after the health screen, can there be some junk in my backup that prevents sneek from running? it's not priiloader thats for sure. but i've got alot of crap on my wii
tongue.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I think sneek DI module has a minor AP flaw, DVD_SET_MOTOR only sets a variable (Motor = 0 ) and has no influence over reading from disc... I guess normally you shouldn't be able to read all of a sudden once you stopped the drive's motor... hence this can easily be tested by the game.

1. stop the motor
2. try to read and measure time...
a. succeed before a certain time threshold : running under emulation
b. succeed after a certain time threshold : running normally
c. fail... : running normally (in case read calls indeed fails in this situation)

ps: dunno if b or c case or both can be observed under normal environment.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what exactly is the point of your post?

I'm sure there are 100 of ways to detect SNEEK now as it doesn't even try to hide itself,
it is just emulating everything so it works.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
SanGor said:
what exactly is the point of your post?

I'm sure there are 100 of ways to detect SNEEK now as it doesn't even try to hide itself,
it is just emulating everything so it works.

Well I'm not the one saying "I hope/believe SMG2 will work on sneek when it launchs"... Flaw is a flaw, and a flaw needs fixing... Just pointed out, instead of trying to ditch your head when it's exploited it's better to fix it beforehand.... I have no intention of defaming anyone btw... If there are 99 more ways to detect it, good luck then.

QUOTE(tueidj @ May 19 2010, 01:56 PM) You're worried about a "minor AP flaw" when there's at least a dozen other things that make it easily detectable.

Well I'm not worried, just wanted to point it out...

Be calm dudes
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
cthg said:
GC loading anyone?
GC loading none? More likely.

If you go to the IRC, you'll see that 100 from 1000$ is currently raised for GC USB-Loading (I think that's what you've meant). So no, I guess not (which doesn't bother me anyways, never liked the Gamecube and it's games). If you want it, donate.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Just thought I'd let you know gabber that I fixed a sandisk sd card I thought was broken (broken lock pin, didn't realise sd cards were like vhs tapes) and now sneek works and boots pretty fast.
So try more sd cards I guess.
I had tried 3, 4 was the magic number though.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
cthg said:
GC loading anyone?
GC loading none? More likely.

If you go to the IRC, you'll see that 100 from 1000$ is currently raised for GC USB-Loading (I think that's what you've meant). So no, I guess not (which doesn't bother me anyways, never liked the Gamecube and it's games). If you want it, donate.

actually you missed that chance

09:49:39 so the GCLoader fund was now running for one month and obviously nobody is interested in it so I close it for good, all who donated will get access to the GCLoader once it is in usable stage.

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if GC usb loading is possible, it will come out for free.

I don't really care if it does or not. It'd just be neat.

The weird thing is I like hacking my Wii for the fun of it. I hardly play any games.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured the fund dealy was some kind of prank or joke since, well, it's the internet and people like that kind of thing. And I've seen such things in these IRC channels before. I was considering donating regardless, but guess it's a moot point now? who nose

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cthg said:
Well, if GC usb loading is possible, it will come out for free.

I don't really care if it does or not. It'd just be neat.

The weird thing is I like hacking my Wii for the fun of it. I hardly play any games.
ditto, I very seldom play games on my Wii. I just, like you hack it for the fun and because it wasn't meant to be done.
tongue.gif

Phylos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy Birthday SNEEK!
and welcome to the next gen....
* Topic is 'Thanks to LoganA for his generosity!| Happy birthday SNEEK PARTYYYYY ON! | http://code.google.com/p/sneek/ | r80 4.04. |'
* Set by [email protected] on Thu May 20 23:22:45

EDIT:
Update:

12[12:07am] crediar changes topic to 'Thanks to LoganA for his generosity!| Happy birthday SNEEK PARTYYYYY ON! | http://code.google.com/p/sneek/ | r88 21.05. |12'
CODE ::Thumbsup::
I hope it still works for others :P
Do we have to compile, or can we be lazy and use the Sneek installer?
compile for now
preparing the pre-compiled files is quite some work
so I rather wait

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk