Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
ok so heres my question?

i have a lu64 sneek/uneek boot fine and work perfect

i recently bought a lu39 wii and tried sneek/uneek neither will boot

i also bought a new black wii and again neither will boot at all the new one is a lu83

so my question is anyone else have the same problem of there wii not booting s/uneek

the bad part is i can put in a sd card in the lu64 and boot sneek sd then take that same sd card to the lu39 and nothing same with the new black one

any suggestions and yes i have tried 3 different sd cards they all work on the lu64

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
@linkfan

thanks for suggestion i used the latest version and it worked on the lu39

now ill try the new black one and then post here

ok so now the black one works too so i am going to redo my app to reflect the changes i seen in the installer from crediar

thanks for the time and effort to help a dummy out

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@wiiman
when the drive is flashing while booting sneek/uneek then it means that some file is missing either from sneek/uneek itself or in the nand you're using. so you should check if the required files for sneek/uneek are there and if that's the case and it still doesn't work, build a new nand / dump it again from your wii

Edit: See the "Trouble shooting and errors" section of this post for more help.

psnider85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it working by dumping the original nand and overwriting the virgin nand created by a sneek/uneek compiler. Have you tried that?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still want to know why RB3 black-screens at the EA logo on the latest rev.
tongue.gif
Black Wii LU83.

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
LinkFan16 said:
@wiiman
when the drive is flashing while booting sneek/uneek then it means that some file is missing either from sneek/uneek itself or in the nand you're using. so you should check if the required files for sneek/uneek are there and if that's the case and it still doesn't work, build a new nand / dump it again from your wii

Edit: See the "Trouble shooting and errors" section of this post for more help.

Thanks for that. I tried using my own nand dump, and followed through how to extract that etc. But now I've got a near enough constant blue light.

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an LU73 Wii and the only thing that will get Sneek working is the official auto installer. I've tried compiling the source myself, Sneeky compiler, and ModMii, but they all result in a dropped video signal after about 2-3 seconds. What's really driving me up the wall though, is that I can take the .elf and armboot.bin files generated from compiling the source myself, put them in the folder used by the auto installer, and BAM!! it loads right up every time. I also know for a fact that the auto installer is using the files generated from the source I compiled due to the fact I can tell I'm on r151 because of the fix for the covers. I'm not really too concerned I guess as I now know how to get the latest revision. But still, it seems rather strange to me that even the files generated by ModMii lose the video signal, but the auto installer works every time. Does anybody know why?

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I have an LU73 Wii and the only thing that will get Sneek working is the official auto installer. I've tried compiling the source myself, Sneeky compiler, and ModMii, but they all result in a dropped video signal after about 2-3 seconds. What's really driving me up the wall though, is that I can take the .elf and armboot.bin files generated from compiling the source myself, put them in the folder used by the auto installer, and BAM!! it loads right up every time. I also know for a fact that the auto installer is using the files generated from the source I compiled due to the fact I can tell I'm on r151 because of the fix for the covers. I'm not really too concerned I guess as I now know how to get the latest revision. But still, it seems rather strange to me that even the files generated by ModMii lose the video signal, but the auto installer works every time. Does anybody know why?
We actually ran into this issue some time ago while the installer was in beta. crediar's response was that IOSKpatch is doing some ES access patching that was left in for testing purposes, and apparently newer Wiis don't agree with it. For whatever reason it's always been closed source, so you'll have to wait for an update.

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk0ld said:
QUOTE said:
We actually ran into this issue some time ago while the installer was in beta. crediar's response was that IOSKpatch is doing some ES access patching that was left in for testing purposes, and apparently newer Wiis don't agree with it. For whatever reason it's always been closed source, so you'll have to wait for an update.
Your response is very much appreciated!! It's not really a problem though since the installer works so well, it was just driving me crazy not knowing why it was the only thing that worked. It definitely makes more sense now though, thanks a bunch
yaywii.gif

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.44 Magnum said:
sk0ld said:
QUOTE said:

Your response is very much appreciated!! It's not really a problem though since the installer works so well, it was just driving me crazy not knowing why it was the only thing that worked. It definitely makes more sense now though, thanks a bunch
yaywii.gif
You're welcome. I've uh.. reminded crediar of the issue so the svn binaries should be updated soon.
I still want to know why RB3 black-screens at the EA logo on the latest rev. tongue.gif Black Wii LU83.
Log? Try it after commenting out if( !SMenuFindOffsets( (void*)0x00000000, 0x01200000 ) ) in ES/main.c

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk0ld said:
QUOTE said:
I still want to know why RB3 black-screens at the EA logo on the latest rev. tongue.gif Black Wii LU83.
Log? Try it after commenting out if( !SMenuFindOffsets( (void*)0x00000000, 0x01200000 ) ) in ES/main.c

I would do that if I didn't just have to reinstall Windows. I have to get devkitpro and all that stuff back on.
Anyone else care to give it a go and I will test the .dol?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1