XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You can install a forwarder channel wad (for postloader for example) to your emulated nand using showmiiwads (u can download it from ModMii's download page 2). Just run showmiiwads, change the nand backup path to where your nand is saved, then change the mode from showmiiwads to showmiinand. Then just drag and drop wads onto the showmiinand window and an "install" button\text will appear at the bottom of the window, click it when you're done dragging wads onto the nand and it will install the wads to the nand. Then u will be able to launch that channel when u load the emulated nand and it will forward to an app saved to your sd card (if using uneek) or to you usb hdd (if using sneek). With a postloader forwarder channel, u should be able to launch postloader and then use that to launch other apps (ie. use postloader instead of the HBC or homebrew filter). WiiXplorer is another app that should work.

You can use modmii to help u with this, start ModMii, from the main menu type "S", then "5", then follow the prompts until you've successfully modified your emulated nand (ie. added postloader and made any other changes you might want to make). You can even use ModMii to install a custom folder of WADs to your emulated nand if u don't want to bother with showmiinand. On the last page of ModMii's emulated nand builder\modifier you can type "A" to select a custom folder of WADs to install to your nand.

The wife is great, thanks for asking :D Sorry if the fact that I'm still happily spoken for disappoints you, if my wife and I ever hit a rough patch I'll give u a buzz, lol, jks jks ;) gotta love those knees (btw, I'm disappointed your profile pic of your knee has disappeared)

Reactions: 1 person

raeter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so sneek+di can have multiple nands. if i want to make additional nands, do i have to do all this over again on a new sd card? if i use uneek+di, do i have to do it over again in a new partition?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
neek2o + di was created to allow multiple nands without problems. The nand folders just all go into different subfolders, and you select which one to use.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a postloader forwarder channel, u should be able to launch postloader and then use that to launch other apps (ie. use postloader instead of the HBC or homebrew filter). WiiXplorer is another app that should work.

:facepalm:

So I had no probs following your instructions. Installed the wads to nand. HOWEVER...Postloader launches ok and then after clicking start it hangs at "PLEASE WAIT....LOADING" screen.

Ugh.

Can this be rectumfied?

raeter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried installing hbc 1.0.7 to sneek nand. i ran wadcreator with hbc and tried to turn it into a wad, but received error. tried on both sd and usb. anyone know why it wont let me extract hbc.wad?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which folder is necessary to backup if all I'm doing is messing with the System Menu? I know it's only a few files but I would prefer to backup the whole folder.

What I'm doing is replacing the whole System Menu with Postloader but right now I have Priiloader installed and I know the System Menu is renamed something else; this info is if your curious as to why I need to know :)

It's just a safety precaution just in case; it's easier for me to restore a folder then it is to restor a few apps.

Thanks in advance.

aaii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi

Maybe this is the right place to ask :)
Ive been messing round with uneek+di.
I followed your guide every time but now after a week im getting frustrated.
Getting SNEEK to work is no problem but UNEEK+DI wont.
Ive got everything lined up as it should be. Everything is placed as it should be stated in the file structure guide.
Upon booting via hbc (home button, launch bootmii) I get the 4 flashes, 2 flashes, 1 flash. As I understand it means the requested ios is missing, Ive added the ios when building the nand, and when I use showmiiwads I can see the ios56 (requested for tintin) in the nand build. Why am I still getting the flashes????

Any help would be great :)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Have you tried sneek +di?

Some harddisks have problems with sneek. Upon a reload of sneek, the whole system is initialised again, including usb.
Some harddisks don't like this approach and refuse to renumerate.
I asume you checked and are sure your harddisk has a 32Kb cluster size and not something bigger?

aaii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi

Ive created a nand (4.3E) and its working great :)
but.... when creating a 4.3U nand I cant seem to load games by pressing the 1 button and then selecting the game pressing A.....??? nothing shows up??? why is there something different with the 4.3U nand?
When compiling/creating the nand I used the same method as with the 4.3E? anyone knows what is happening? a bad nand build or? :)

aaii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Have you tried sneek +di?

Some harddisks have problems with sneek. Upon a reload of sneek, the whole system is initialised again, including usb.
Some harddisks don't like this approach and refuse to renumerate.
I asume you checked and are sure your harddisk has a 32Kb cluster size and not something bigger?

Got it working finally, after numerous attempts :)
The problem was how I placed the files.

Thanks for helping :)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So, if I understand well, it are just the games not showing up in your 4.3U nand?
I mean, you can launch neek with that nand and it gets you to the system menu?

aaii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, everything works as it should exept when I want to load a game in the nand system menu by pressing the 1 button, the black screen with the list of games pops up and Im able to choose the game I want. But when pressing the A button to launch it in disc channel, nothing happens. The only game working on disc channel is Kirby which was the first game launched on disc channel. When choosing another game, I can see the kirby "disc" pops out of the disc channel but no new games shows up. If I then try to load the Kirby game back in the disc channel, it loads and it is working.

Could the problem be that Postloader didnt manage to download and install when compiling UNEEK+DI???

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are we talking about crediar's neek or about neek2o? What revision of neek are you using?
How do you put postloader in the picture, specially related to compiling uneek+di?

Have you tried to rename or delete diconfig.bin, to see if it makes a difference?
Are you having priiloader installed on the emulated nand?

Is there a specific reason why you changed from an E nand into an U nand?

aaii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry :) neek2o rev64
The postloader was one of the options when I used ModMii by XFlak to build the nand.

Will try the diconfig.bin file, and see if it helps
Yes, priiloader is installed on the emu nand.

I changed to U nand cause I needed to get Netflix working :D

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
check if you have the font.bin file in the sneek folder either on sd card (when using sneek+DI) or on usb drive (when using uneek+DI). without it the game menu won't show up.

aaii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Seems I found the problem......
The games working on the nand is only USA region games :P

settings -> region change is the key, he he

thanks for all help :D

aaii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Seems I got my hopes up to soon.

When in NEEK Config (by pressing the 1 button), I can choose the game region. When I change it from USA to EUR, then I choose Save Config. When pressing the B button I can see the games and the region of the nand now says EUR. But still when I want to load a game thats EUR, nothing shows up in disc channel.

I also noticed that when changing from USA to EUR, the Kirby(USA) game doesnt load in disc channel anymore. But changing in config back to USA region, makes it fully playable through disc channel. So at least there is something happening when Im switching the region in NEEK :D

Is there some extra things I need to config??? Or something I need to apply???

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
neek2o is now at revision 75. Most of the changes that were made in the latest revisions are related to region changing a nand, and auto changing it to the region of the game. I have no experience with this approach, but I assume that testing with the latest neek2o will not harm at all.

aaii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So from the neek20-rev75, if I get it right.
I'll replace on SD: armboot.bin with the new armboot.bin
On the USB: di.bin with the new dimodule.elf (renaming it to di.bin)?
Is this way off?? or is there some other files from the new release that I will be needing.

Sorry for all the questions, Im still trying to get the hang off it :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife