Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jefffisher said:
in showmiiwads try dragging the wads you want to install into the window and a install button appears on the bottom right corner i usually use that

XFlak said:
QUOTE(jefffisher @ Oct 1 2010, 05:23 AM) in showmiiwads try dragging the wads you want to install into the window and a install button appears on the bottom right corner i usually use that
+1, but also make sure u are in "showmiinand" mode!

When I do that the mouse icon shows me that I can't drag and drop to the window. It's the "no smoking" kind of symbol, and drag and drop doesn't work.

redeyed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
jefffisher said:
in showmiiwads try dragging the wads you want to install into the window and a install button appears on the bottom right corner i usually use that

XFlak said:
QUOTE(jefffisher @ Oct 1 2010, 05:23 AM) in showmiiwads try dragging the wads you want to install into the window and a install button appears on the bottom right corner i usually use that
+1, but also make sure u are in "showmiinand" mode!

When I do that the mouse icon shows me that I can't drag and drop to the window. It's the "no smoking" kind of symbol, and drag and drop doesn't work.
Delete your ShowMiiWads.cfg file and restart showmiiwads and answer "I accept and take the risk of Wad editing features".

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, I found that by right clicking in the showmiiwads window and selecting install I could get most of the wads installed (still haven't checked to make sure they work). Some are giving me I/O errors though.
Code:
IO operation will not work. Most likely the file will become too long or the handle was not opened to support synchronous IO operations.

And the wad doesn't install.

Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize, as I'm sure this has probably been asked, but I'm sure stuff like this happens all the time, as I don't have time to search through 118 pages. I read that SNEEK/UNEEK require a font.bin, which I do not have. How may I obtain this file? I think it may be what is preventing me from running UNEEK successfully. Thank You all in advance

-Waffleman

Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I failed, and didn't even think of that... My bad, excuse my n00bishness
biggrin.gif

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what happens if you didn't have hbc 1.0.7 installed on your original nand but 1.0.8.

i have tried ALOT of stuff, but I can't get 1.0.7 installed on my 3.4U sneek nand.
point me correctly?

keine said:
having trouble getting HBC reinstalled on a 3.4U backup nand IN SNEEK. Sneek runs fine. I already had 1.0.8 of HBC installed.

I've been trying to get HBCI.wad to run the 1.0.6 boot.elf, with limited success. First I needed to install IOS 61 just to get it to load up the installer. Then HBC 1.0.6 couldn't fine any vulnerable IOS's. This was fixed by installing the earliest versions of both IOS 30 & IOS 61 from NUSDownloader. I found these two by doing some willy nilly searching around, and kinda randomly installing IOS's that were recommended. Its sneek, right?

NOW! I can attempt to install HBC 1.0.6, but I get a ticket error on install. "unable to install ticket "

could someone please ! please! shed some light. I'd like to use my 3.4U backup as it already has all my saves and VC I have. I've literally been working on this for a couple days. I'm up to page 90 on the Sneek V2 thread.
I also uninstalled the HBC 1.0.8 through the channel menu before attempting to install 1.0.6. also done in sneek.

The OP guide makes no mention of methods for people who already had 1.0.8 installed on their backup nand, as this version is inoperable. (if this was located in the SNEEK+DI quick guide thread)

?
i'm using HBCI.wad, supplied in the SneekV2 thread, to launch the HBC 1.0.6 boot.elf located at the root of the USB drive.
i actually mistakingly posted this into the newb, probably should be in Sneek guide...oh well.

UHG. i thought possibly uninstalling HBC 1.0.8 from within SNEEK using the HBCI.wad would work, but upon launching HBC 1.0.8 boot.elf using HBCI.wad, the damn thing reports "no vulnerable IOS found" when HBC 1.0.8, WAS already! installed on my nand I backed up from.
wacko.gif

I think I might just try to get a virgin 3.2 and move over my saves and wads. this HBC thing is infuriating.

i might move this question over to a sneek forum, seems more appropriate.

i am fervent about getting this to work, because of this . (I'm up to page 90 on sneekv2)

fogbank said:
longtom1 said:
QUOTE(Levente @ Mar 14 2010, 12:10 AM)
Other ways?
Does any of the backuplaunchers work?
cIOS doesn't work well with sneek so backup launchers don't work properly if it's virtual nand you might a s well install cIOSCORP

NeoGamma and CFG can launch disc backups in SNEEK with cIOS rev18. Disc launching with NeoGamma also works with cIOS rev19 but CFG seems to hang on rev 19.
oh!~ you don'T say. oh crap....he probably means....discs....not USB.
rofl.gif

i'd still like to get HBC working in sneek.

EDIT:
Just built a brand new 3.2U from scratch w/ MODMII and booted it up. W/ standard IOS61 the HBC 1.0.7 complains of no IOS...and with IOS 30, it gives me a ticket error installing HBC.
I'm starting to think, compiling a newer revision of sneek and using that would help. maybe not, i'm using 121, newest is 123.

JDishCorp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I cant dump hbc 1.0.7 to my sd or usb. Whenever wad creator asks me which device to dump to, it says that it cant mount the device. Whats the problem? thanks.

Edit reason: Typo

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
OK, I found that by right clicking in the showmiiwads window and selecting install I could get most of the wads installed (still haven't checked to make sure they work). Some are giving me I/O errors though.
Code:
IO operation will not work. Most likely the file will become too long or the handle was not opened to support synchronous IO operations.

And the wad doesn't install.

Any ideas on this one folks?

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well above, my big long jumble of a post.
Got it working by installing 1.0.7 over 1.0.8 on my real nand, and then followed the directions in the OP about "installing 1.0.7"
it worked.
i'm still wondering though if there is a way to install HBC under SNEEK, cause I certainly couldn't figure it out.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i am trying to extract MPT (iso) using Discex.exe....it chugs right along, then stops....come to find out even though i have discex and the iso in drive x:, it extracts to c: (Documents and Settings), which only has ~5.5 GB of free space....

when extracting iso's using Discex.exe, is there a way to direct the files away from C: (same drive/folder would be preferred)....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hey LTT stole my shopping secrets for that video LOL