No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
diddy81 said:
go to the mii channel in your real nand and copy your mii to your wiimote
then go to mii channel in sneek and export it from the wiimote
Thanks for your answer, but...is this the only way? Because you can't edit the Mii if you do it that way, for example. WiiBrew says that the Mii-Data is in /shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL DB.dat. Has anyone tried this out yet? Or must I test this
tongue.gif
?

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Blue-K: You can use savegame manager gx to extract your miis, but Im not sure if installing works on sneek. They said that the bug might be found but I haven't testet it yet.

saturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm newbie on this forum, so I tried to get answers my questions about Sneek myself, reading available topics on this forum, which are really usefull, but sometimes it is too difficult to find proper information.
I noticed that very often people have problem with Sneek-DI, while Sneek-SD work fine in most all the cases.

I had the same disadvantage. I tried first with copy of my real NAND, then create a virgin one. Nothing changed. By chance I found the reason, it was some Sneek internal miscompatibility with Usb stick, I played - Kingston 16Gb standard and widely spread one.

While Homebrew applications can work with it as well as Uneek, there was no luck with Sneek-DI.

It start work like sharm as soon, as I switched to Usb HDD (took some old Usb-IDE convertor and put one of my unused anymore IDE drivers inside).
Every game from my collection is working now. I can run only few of them before under Sneek-SD via Disk channel from DVD drive. For example, I always got a message "Disk couldn't be read" in FIFA 10 under Sneek-SD.

Now I would like to try Puneek.
What is the difference in configuration with Puneek and Sneek-DI? I can't find any information about.

I copied full content of fully working NAND SD onto Usb, replaced armboot, boot2 and di with those from Puneek. And it booted fine. But Disk channel always shows an error (on Youtube video it shows a Game banner) and none of provided loaders works. Both shows the list of games. I managed to download the covers and they are shown now, but as soon I press "Play" after few seconds, one of them show trap-dump and return back to HBC, another one just throw away to main system menu.
I would like to have it working. I also noticed dramatical speed load improvements after moving NAND to Usb. And SD card is not blocked, what is additional bonus.

Thnak you
Sorry for long post

-saturn

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
chomp said:
Can someone explain how to run Gamecube backups from disc using SNEEK? ( Also is it right to assume that I can't do it with SNEEK+DI because the drive is disabled? )

First had trouble trying to get the Trucha bug into the Sneek NAND, nothing would work. So I tried to install a cIOS.

Used Waninkokos cIOS rev19, IOS38 as base. Seemed to install fine even though I don't think I ever got the Trucha bug to install.

Used the miospatcher from the completesg, seemed to install fine.

Then I tried Neogamma, couldn't read the disk - Error 1255. Gamecube backup launcher just gave a green screen.

I even tried installing cIOScorp and everything seemed to install but the disc wouldn't load. So now I'm stuck and could use some help. Thanks
You can't.

Blue-K said:
QUOTE(diddy81 @ Jun 9 2010, 03:09 PM) go to the mii channel in your real nand and copy your mii to your wiimote
then go to mii channel in sneek and export it from the wiimote
Thanks for your answer, but...is this the only way? Because you can't edit the Mii if you do it that way, for example. WiiBrew says that the Mii-Data is in /shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL DB.dat. Has anyone tried this out yet? Or must I test this
tongue.gif
?
I did, works.

Saturn: puneek is sneek, with access to usb loaders.
It's basically what you'd have on a softmodded wii, but your nand is on the sd or usd.

saturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm speaking with myself again

I found the reason, why PUneek didn't work for me. 2 configuration files were missed. It start work fine after I provided them. It will be fine to add this information to this topic header.

So, the only missing future left for me, is an ability to switch between di and non-di operation mode on fly.

PS I found one game which didn't work via sneek/puneek: Rockstar Games Table Tennis

-saturn

win32rcbot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Every body is dreaming about UNEEK + DI :
U can boot fast cause NAND is on USB harddrive and u can use SD for homebrews and applications...AND u can launch game on USB harddrive in games directory...

But UNEEK+DI doesn't exist...there is only SNEEK+DI, a very slow boot and too many restriction (no usb, no sd, no homebrew and very slow when wii access NAND on SD).

So I hope people will get UNEEK+DI one day so SNEEK will be the best hack for using...for now I only use this for METROID PRIME TRILOGY cause useless for the games that run fine in normal USB loader...

If we (wii) can use USB NAND AND USB FAT32 games AND USB apps AND SD apps in the same time it would be THE ULTIMATE WAY OF HACKING on wii...

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
Bah, I'm having trouble getting UNeek working on my hard drive, I have had it working from my flash drive but it just hangs with a black screen when using my hard drive.

My flash drive is a 4GB FAT32, single partition, 16k or 32k cluster size (can't remember which) drive and works flawlessly, my hard drive is a 1TB split into 3.
I just moved my 700GB NTFS partition using Gparted on my netbook (which took 24 hours!) and reformatted the other 2 paritions. I now have my FAT partition as the first one of the drive formatted to FAT32 32k which is 30GB big. Now why the hell won't this work?

Also, another point. Updating the Sneek Nand through Nintendo (after creating a minimal nand) seems to brick the fake nand for some reason, any ideas why that is?

win32rcbot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanx Scooby(doo?) I will try this way. For now I use the "remove SD card" method, it is the fast method to boot on real nand & with homebrew on USB and when SD card is inserted I boot on SEENK+DI for playing Metroid Prime Tri and other games that doesn't work on CIOS.

I wonder if U can put a CIOS for GC boot (witch one?) on sneek SD Nand as u do with CIOSX for transmit mii...

win32rcbot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
snikerz said:

INCREDIBLE !!! IS IT REAL ? AM I dreaming ???? USB drive GC (game cube) launcher with the disk channel in SNEEK ?

Creadiar DID IT !!! At last !!! HE succeeds in the most fabulous hack on wii scene !!!

He wins the world soccer 2010 (oups maybe not him but his spain team !!! Viva David Villa, viva Torres, viva Fabregas, viva espana !)

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
hey guys,
Hope one of you intelligents people can answer this for me. I have sneek+di working on a sandisk 1 gig card. Is there some reason that sneek_di wont boot on a 8 gig sandisk sd card. I have tried it many times. Sneek writes the diconfig.bin to my usb, but wont boot after that. Could someone please tell me why sneek+di wont work with sdhc cards. I have tried 3 different cards. Regular sneek works on all of them, but I add the di.bin and all i get is black screen after it writes the diconfig.bin. Help me please guys. Thanks if you can help.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
Hey have you guys seen the 4.3 update yet? I am downloading it now with nus. i am going to see if i can get sneek to work with it. If anyone else tries it please post and let everyone know your findings. thanks

edit: 4.3U seems to be working fine with sneek. They added new ios 80 for the system menu. Well i am going to have some fun with the new release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ