ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
Why answer it for a second time with a delay of 12 hours between my reply and yours, choked?
Point being the guy is not reading ANYTHING.

If you read above you'd see that. He first asked questions that were answered in the first post, then again, then again. I quoted the above because he failed to yet again read the quote and the answer given. He pointed out the broken link again which had already been discussed and we were both ALREADY aware of and the quoted post was not about that but that showmiiwads and backup of NAND.bin was used for SNEEK.

from the first post and the post above,

ShowMiiWads(used to extract a Bootmii NAND.bin (backup of your Wii NAND) to be used with SNEEK)

I attempt to help people as much as I can and I'm VERY patient but I AM NOT willing to help someone after the 3rd time of apparent failure to read. It is obvious, if like he says, he has read the first post MULTIPLE times, he has some reading and comprehension issues.

Respect and regards to you for helping,
ChokeD

EDIT: the 12 hr delay, I got to sleep and have a life, my bad.
tongue.gif

EDIT: ok, salax, in all fairness, there is a lot to absorb in the first post, I apologize. I just really hate repeating myself, it makes me feel like I'm doing twice the work.

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you added spoilers or SOMETHING, rather than a huge wall of text, it would help.

I'll just give up on SNEEK, since I obviously just don't understand anything.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Salax said:
Well if you added spoilers or SOMETHING, rather than a huge wall of text, it would help.

I'll just give up on SNEEK, since I obviously just don't understand anything.
No, don't be like that bro, just take your time and read carefully and you'll get it. True maybe I could use spoilers but I don't. Make sure you just read a lot and do searches in specific catagories before asking questions.

I'll look into using spoilers especially since the thread is getting bigger. I may even start adding pics for some things if I start using spoilers. I hadn't used pics before because I didn't want it to slow down peoples browser trying to load the page but if I use spoilers then that might not happen. We'll see.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post but this is a major update. I have recently made some changes to the first post by adding in some spoilers and I also added a poll that I would like everyone to voice their opinion by choosing more than 1 answer.

Help me help you, please
and Thanks for any response to the poll.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I like sneek very much, i love the new interface for games selection, but i think i'll have to wait untill a new release with more compatibility with drives comes out.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've started to add a few pictures. Thank you so far for the responses to the poll. I'll try to keep it simple and to the point when adding things. I will not be adding pictures to the instructions of compiling as Det1re has already done this in the SNEEK FAQ and most of the instructions other than compiling are pretty straight forward.

I'm hoping this helps someone,
ChokeD

EDIT: by the way, I did make a backup of the original thread in case this does not go well. So I may just test to see how it turns out and if it does not go very well I may just throw it out the window and replace it with the format it was. Thanks for the patience on this on going experiment of mine.

Any suggestions ???

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm using PUNEEK, which is basically UNEEK r72 with the di module.

no compiled usb loader, though. so, for this menu mod, would i still be able to use it by just replacing the di.bin and esmodule?

i enjoy having the access to my SD card. a lot.

a second question as well: what would be the best way to go about putting my save files from my actual NAND into my sneek nand. i finally got a virgin 4.2 up and running. i don't really want all the mods and stuff from my original NAND, just the save files.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweenish said:
i'm using PUNEEK, which is basically UNEEK r72 with the di module.

no compiled usb loader, though. so, for this menu mod, would i still be able to use it by just replacing the di.bin and esmodule?

i enjoy having the access to my SD card. a lot.

a second question as well: what would be the best way to go about putting my save files from my actual NAND into my sneek nand. i finally got a virgin 4.2 up and running. i don't really want all the mods and stuff from my original NAND, just the save files.
Really the best suggestion I have is to just build you a totally separate SNEEK using the Menu Mod and try it. That way you know for sure if something does or doesn't work you can always just pop the old build back in and go.

Savegame Manager v1.0 by Waninkoko would be a good choice for your second question.

By the way, I'm done editing for today on the first post. What do ya think anyone ???

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a working SNEEK+DI with thegood's mod, but am having problems playing NTSC games on PAL console. The games show up in the menu and banner shows as usual, but at game start it only blackscreens.
I read in earlier posts that this may have to do with the region.bin file.
unsure.gif

Is there an option to change region on the fly? (as in copy/rename region.bin without taking the SD out)

Other than the region thing, i love the mod (was waiting for it cause i don't have a GC controller
mellow.gif
)

X

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Xras said:
I have a working SNEEK+DI with thegood's mod, but am having problems playing NTSC games on PAL console. The games show up in the menu and banner shows as usual, but at game start it only blackscreens.
I read in earlier posts that this may have to do with the region.bin file.
unsure.gif

Is there an option to change region on the fly? (as in copy/rename region.bin without taking the SD out)

Other than the region thing, i love the mod (was waiting for it cause i don't have a GC controller
mellow.gif
)

X

i thinks its already been said before that out of region games wont work in SNEEK, so you need to stick with games from the same region

The region.bin is only needed for certain regions as SNEEK is natively for PAL

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the fast answer, pepxl.
I guess the only thing to do is have 2 SD's then.
One with PAL and one with NTSC
rolleyes.gif

X

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
Really the best suggestion I have is to just build you a totally separate SNEEK using the Menu Mod and try it. That way you know for sure if something does or doesn't work you can always just pop the old build back in and go.

Savegame Manager v1.0 by Waninkoko would be a good choice for your second question.

By the way, I'm done editing for today on the first post. What do ya think anyone ???

i'll probably stick to editing the slot.bin file for now.

i looked at savegame manager, and it seems to require that i have a trucha-bugged IOS. not an issue on my real NAND, but i don't want any of that on my SNEEK NAND. if i were to use the bannerbomb exploit to run this on the SNEEK side, would it work?

Something else, all the games i've ripped and checked so far have worked, except for House of the Dead 2+3: Return. I suppose i can try using discex (crediar has it on his site now) and try re-ripping it again. i'm just curious if other people have it working. and if i re-rip it, would it's value in slot.bin change? i'm planning on just ripping the files, and leaving the directory structure intact.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
loving the new mod only one problem i have with it is that every time i load sneek it switches to the first game i installed and not the one i left loaded

thegood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
diddy81 said:
loving the new mod only one problem i have with it is that every time i load sneek it switches to the first game i installed and not the one i left loaded

This is very strange, because it should load the last used, not the slot 0.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diddy81 said:
might just be me idk ill try recompiling it
That happened to me and I just deleted the slot.bin and made a new text document and renamed it slot.bin and everything worked fine the next time I booted the Wii.

That's what worked for me, no guaranties for anyone else but it's worth a try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh