Hacking SNEEK And Bootmii Config App

Gamerpro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have finally installed HBC 1.0.7 on SNEEK and can run apps from my sd card because I conpiled SNEEK with sd access enabled. I am having a problem with switching bewtween real NAND and emulated NAND. On my real NAND I can use the bootmii config app and press A to switch to the emulated SNEEK NAND but I can't accomplish the opposite. If I run the emulated NAND and try to switch back to the real NAND by pressing A to switch bewtween ~bootmii and bootmii or by pressing 1 then switch directories nothing works. I am only taken back to HBC after a supposed succesful switch at which point I shutdown and restart my wii but end up back in the emulated NAND. I appreciate any help given!

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
why the hell on earth are you creating new threads for the same problem???

you need 2 different armboot.bin files!!

original bootmii version in 1st bootmii folder
sneek version in 2nd bootmii folder

you probably have the same sneek version of armboot.bin in both folders

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii Configuration Editor: (Swap to UNEEK(+DI) and back again.)

1. Download BCE 2.5 and extract to your "apps" folder on your SD.

2. Open the bce_settings.xml file in notepad, it's located in the "Bootmii_cfg_ed" folder and change

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are running SNEEK (NAND in SD card) then to change a folder name in SD card
(e.g. from bootmii to ~bootmii) may require a different level of access to be able to read and write
to NAND, therefore switching back to real NAND from SNEEK NAND cannot just be done by
a standard read/write method to SD card.

Therefore, at this time, I think (by just reading the codes not testing it) this BCE app could
only be used for switching from real NAND to SNEEK NAND (not the other way around like
you have experienced), but it could be used for switching between real NAND and UNEEK NAND
(since UNEEK NAND uses USB so SD card is available to be read/write with a standard method/access).

You could try switch2sneek (it has not been updated for quite a time so use it cautiously), and
read README first to make sure you have the right set-up/requirements.

Gamerpro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys! I'll definitely try this out.
Also, does it matter if I am using sneek+di or sneek without di module?

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using SD enabled SNEEK is dangerous to anything on your SD including your SNEEK NAND. I don't know where you got the info to enable it in SNEEK source, but you should be warned that writing to the SD with SNEEK(DI) both, may corrupt the files on your SD. With that being said, it does work, I have tried it. However, there is a risk involved, just because it works once with one app, doesn't mean it will work again or with another app. UNEEK(DI) both allow you to write to the SD with no risk involved as is. No SD enabling before compiling needed.

pembo

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to add. BCE2.6 now works from USB, and I've created a forwarder channel for BootMii Config Editor to make things easier with Sneek.
You can download the channel here

You'll need to use a WAD installer to install the channel.

Pembo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30