Hacking SMTIV cart save to SMTIV Apocalypse CIA? - gateway

meleaina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to import my save from the SMTIV retail cart to the CIA version of SMTIV apocalypse? I'm using a gateway and have no CFW. I tried booting in to classic mode but none of my cia stuff runs under that. i couldn't use Save data to export it.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
you dont need to boot in classic mode, just press select and select the classic mode for use the cia in that mode and to be able to get the cart save using sdf, what version of the gateway launcher do you have?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to import my save from the SMTIV retail cart to the CIA version of SMTIV apocalypse? I'm using a gateway and have no CFW. I tried booting in to classic mode but none of my cia stuff runs under that. i couldn't use Save data to export it.
Oh, thanks for letting me know, I didn't realize a copy was out yet.

meleaina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 3.7.1 beta. when i booted into regularly and loaded the cia, it didnt' recognize my retail cart when i tried to import the save

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 3.7.1 beta. when i booted into regularly and loaded the cia, it didnt' recognize my retail cart when i tried to import the save
Yeah, I am having the same problem. I both copied the SMTIV save to the SD and tried inserting my retail card, and it kept saying the cart wasn't properly inserted. Do the bonuses change depending on your progress and/or choices? If not, the problem could be solved if someone else has successfully done it. We could just use their save.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be roundabout, but Apocalypse can load saves from a digital (eShop/.cia) version of IV. You could dump the save, install the CIA version of IV, install your save, then have Apocalypse scan for it, but it might be a pain to do.

Only change in bonuses is based on number of times cleared and which routes you've cleared, I think.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be roundabout, but Apocalypse can load saves from a digital (eShop/.cia) version of IV. You could dump the save, install the CIA version of IV, install your save, then have Apocalypse scan for it, but it might be a pain to do.

Only change in bonuses is based on number of times cleared and which routes you've cleared, I think.
*looks at my single Neutral clear and feels shame*

Couldn't you simply use the tutorial found here to modify the save for the eShop version?

I in fact was able to transfer the save from my retail cart to an eShop version of IV that I got from FreeShop and I have successfully loaded my save, @meleaina. It doesn't really matter now, though, because I'm probably going to focus on Dragon Quest VII so I can play SMTIV:A afterwards to prevent two DQ games in a row burning me out (come on, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland translation!).

Last edited by Pedeadstrian,

meleaina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, guess i'll just check the save share post and go with a cia smtiv. i beat it twice. didn't realize you get bonus stuff for all 4 endings. thanks for the responses all

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd put this out there:
normal bonuses:
-4 Bead, 2 Balm of Rising, Gold Death Mask, Hero Earring (accessory: +15 MP, +3 to all stats)
-"Kingdom of East Mikado" DDS Card background, "Stalwart" DDS Card title
-40 AP to people you Streetpass
clear times bonus:
-20 Point Card (number received equal to number of times cleared, maximum of 4)
Law Route clear bonus:
-"Ruler of Order" DDS Card title
Chaos Route clear bonus:
-"Lord of Chaos" DDS Card title
Neutral Route clear bonus:
"Bright Star of Hope" DDS Card title
Nothingness Ending clear bonus:
-"One who Fades into Fiction" DDS Card title
I could cheat and use someone else's save for an extra 60 points, but SMTIV was already fairly easy enough as it is, and getting extra points early on would take away the only difficult part of the game: the beginning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes +1