Hacking Smea's iosuhax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it died when some little punk decided to spite the Wii U devs and leaked the exploit. Wii U scene's is good as dead :(
Dead? All the good home brew is already compatible with 5.5.1, but it was useless to 99 percent of the Wii U community. Currently, the only publicly released homebred that isn't useful to 100 percent of users is this iosuhax, which only benefits those 3 or 4 with their own iosu exploit.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the new 5.5.x exploit is not iosu, but suuuuuuper close to it?

It seems that it's the PPC kernel exploit and not IOSU, to be honest I don't know the full extent on what either one will do to benefit the scene. There's so much confusion and tumult I don't know where to start :huh::blink:
Dead? All the good home brew is already compatible with 5.5.1, but it was useless to 99 percent of the Wii U community. Currently, the only publicly released homebred that isn't useful to 100 percent of users is this iosuhax, which only benefits those 3 or 4 with their own iosu exploit.

Right, so really, very few people will benefit from this, right?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
to explain it in laymans terms .. :
IOSU = CFW .
Exploit = entrypoint for custom code ( also needed for IOSU ).
Its not confusing at all ... just confused people

Reactions: Hayleia
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that it's the PPC kernel exploit and not IOSU, to be honest I don't know the full extent on what either one will do to benefit the scene. There's so much confusion and tumult I don't know where to start :huh::blink:

Right, so really, very few people will benefit from this, right?
very few benefit from iosuhax, yes; but every wii U on the planet is exploitable at the kernel level right now. by that fact alone, the scene is very much alive!

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not before someone actually makes a CFW with (among other things) the tools in this thread.
All the tools are out there ,and now there is also an entrypoint for 5.5.1 with the new exploit , but afaik no one has a IOSU project cooking atm.
Smea gave up his project in february and Hykem is just an alias for a bunch of young devs.
Maybe someone will step up now that the tools are out.

the future will let us know , i guess

Last edited by fukseliten,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very few benefit from iosuhax, yes; but every wii U on the planet is exploitable at the kernel level right now. by that fact alone, the scene is very much alive!

See, I didn't truly, and admittedly, didn't know the full impact of what had exploded on the forums last night, so I do admit that I was and still am a bit baffled by the whole thing. Now, the actual launching of this exploit, what does it do exactly as-is, and what can we, the end users, load once that exploit has been executed? Loadiine? DDD? Dumpiiine? I'm not sure what can be done as of now.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, I didn't truly, and admittedly, didn't know the full impact of what had exploded on the forums last night, so I do admit that I was and still am a bit baffled by the whole thing. Now, the actual launching of this exploit, what does it do exactly as-is, and what can we, the end users, load once that exploit has been executed? Loadiine? DDD? Dumpiiine? I'm not sure what can be done as of now.
Anything that can be loaded through the Homebrew Launcher can be used with the new exploit

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything that can be loaded through the Homebrew Launcher can be used with the new exploit

Do we have to use that program suggested in the tutorial? I use Mongoose to self-host, unless that doesn't support port 80 or whatever port we need to be opened. *sigh* I hope I can get this working. But judging from the guides, the Wii U structure stays the same on the SD card. Hope it doesn't affect Steam either.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have to use that program suggested in the tutorial? I use Mongoose to self-host, unless that doesn't support port 80 or whatever port we need to be opened. *sigh* I hope I can get this working. But judging from the guides, the Wii U structure stays the same on the SD card.
You could use wiiubru, assuming it's been updated

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use wiiubru, assuming it's been updated

True, I keep forgetting that I can use that :P Though I hear that this exploit is pretty damn stable, not sure if I have to change my SD card contents around though compared to when I last used Loadiine (which was two days ago). Sorry I keep asking so many questions >.<

I hope it gets updated and replaces the other exploits on there so well, yeah, ugh, I hate not knowing more.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The kexploit news is pretty great, but I'm too spoiled by the stability™ of the 3DS and would feel a lot more comfortable messing with my WiiU if an emunand solution were available. Hopefully someone with iosu access is churning away at that in the background.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

avinashlego

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not before someone actually makes a CFW with (among other things) the tools in this thread.
All the tools are out there ,and now there is also an entrypoint for 5.5.1 with the new exploit , but afaik no one has a IOSU project cooking atm.
Smea gave up his project in february and Hykem is just an alias for a bunch of young devs.
Maybe someone will step up now that the tools are out.

the future will let us know , i guess

W wwwwww wait.... Hykem is multiple people? Somebody better explain wth is going on
Alright, to clear things up, this is what I've got so far: An exploit has been leaked(not this page, these are just hacking tools.)

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Been a while since i used the wiiu or looked at the wiiu scene. Whats the latest update out? I might as well update now.

tapped on #datbombv7EchoeRom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work