ROM Hack Suggestion Smash Bros Ultimate - Lower input lag

iwas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So the title says it, the reason is not, that i want to play the game with lower input lag, but if people use lan play with lower input lag, it should make up for Nintendos/HALs shitty netcode and the game will be actually be playable online.

So there could be 2 reason (that i could think of) that are responsible for the horrible offline input lag on smash:

- graphics -> Switch cant handle all that stuff and hast to prerender frames
- just because (they did that by code in Brawl and to some degree in other smash games as well)

So since i have 0 knowledge in opening up game files/hacking altogether i thought i would represent my idea here, maybe somebody is interested in this as well. Sadly i'm only a network engineer, but i highly doubt thats any useful when it comes to netcode (which i doubt is fixable without months of work)

also what i think is the problem in the netcode:
they just add the network lag on top to the input lag, which yeah, shouldn't be happening, the input should be sent straight away and actually use the input delay/buffer which is used offline for online play, this way you won't notice the difference (similar on how dolphin does it)w

cheers

Last edited by iwas,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...