Hardware Is the FunnyPlaying ITA TFT screen mod (the DSi lower screen mod) lag-free compared to the IPS kit?

lp_kalubec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most popular GBA screen mod (the 9380 IPS kit) is known for input lag – it adds 3 frames of delay (around 50ms) compared to the original screen. I recently learned about a less popular Funnyplaying ITA TFT screen mod, which uses an original DSi lower screen with an adapter to fit the GBA shell.

I wonder if this screen mod also suffers from input lag. The 9380 IPS kit lags (although I'm not sure if this is the only reason) because the screen, originally designed for a Blackberry phone, has to be rotated. This rotation requires the use of a frame buffer. Since the DSi screen is already horizontal, it doesn't need this trick. This makes me wonder if screen rotation is the sole cause of input lag in screen mods, and whether the DSi screen adapter also introduces quirks that might affect performance.

---
I don't want to be convinced that the IPS mod input lag isn't noticeable. I'm happy that you don't mind the lag/don't notice it, and I don't want to convince anyone to change their mind. I'm only interested in the input lag of the DSi screen mod. Let's try to keep the discussion focused on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol