ROM Hack Smash 4 mods won't load

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went the saltysd method and placed some smash 4 3ds mods in their respective and enabled language/emulation menu in luma's settings. My mods wont load at all and i'm not sure why. i've double checked many times to make sure they were in the correct folders, etc. My Luma is updated to the latest unstable release with star updater

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the code.bin (named [tid].bin) in /luma/code_sections/ ? Also, are you using smash-selector, or the old update builds?

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2016-8-5_21-18-26.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yep i have it in the code_sections folder. my luma folder didnt originally have the code_sections folder so i made one, not sure if that could have anything to do with it, i know for sure i'm not using smash selector but i'm not sure what you mean by old update builds

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The old saltysd needed you to have the code.bin injected into an update cia in order to run (since there wasn't a way to execute code any other way afaik). Try using this build.

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see, would i just replace the folders and files on my sd with the files from the zip i downloaded from the link?

upload_2016-8-5_21-35-32.png

iamthatguy2652

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
ih were do i put the luma3ds.dat

i just put the files you linked and now i got the error he had...

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
32gb everything was defualt, and i used ur luma update u provided in the link then i updated to the latest stable release 6.6 but the latest hourly build doesnt load the mods at all
Backup your sd card files, and try formatting it to 64kb. Put the files back onto it and try launching from the stable build of luma.
the file u linked also 8 gb
Not really sure what is causing your issue. You can try the same thing, but it might not work since you have an 8gb sd card.

JacolbyBeatz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
Let's start from the beginning that caused this problem in the 1st place, I was attempting to load a modpack through smash selector and it wasnt loading, tried to troubleshoot the problem deleted the 1.1.6 smashsaltysd update and tried reinstalling it. Nothing i tried work even tho it was really just a file i had in my saltysd folder that caused the game to not load. I tried everything to fix it but only made it worse or so i thought . 3 days of a worthless game that wont work and there's nothing i could do. But out of determination of finish my smash 3ds modpack bcuz i put to much time into it. I keep trying until today. Exact steps i took that fixed the long loads, crashed boot up and wierd in game slow loading times. (I turned off code.bin option in the configuration of luma, with the Clock+L2 or whatever its called for new 3ds, I deleted smash all together updates dlc smash selector, anything smash related formatted the game using the xyab method, used a backup of all my files from when the incident 1st happened, redownloaded all the smash material updates, dlc , smash selector, reinstalled the 1.1.6smashsaltysd update, and turned on luma code.bin, loading smash selector and loaded my modpack through there and loaded smash and it worked idk what exactly made it work but this is what made it work for me

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's start from the beginning that caused this problem in the 1st place, I was attempting to load a modpack through smash selector and it wasnt loading, tried to troubleshoot the problem deleted the 1.1.6 smashsaltysd update and tried reinstalling it. Nothing i tried work even tho it was really just a file i had in my saltysd folder that caused the game to not load. I tried everything to fix it but only made it worse or so i thought . 3 days of a worthless game that wont work and there's nothing i could do. But out of determination of finish my smash 3ds modpack bcuz i put to much time into it. I keep trying until today. Exact steps i took that fixed the long loads, crashed boot up and wierd in game slow loading times. (I turned off code.bin option in the configuration of luma, with the Clock+L2 or whatever its called for new 3ds, I deleted smash all together updates dlc smash selector, anything smash related formatted the game using the xyab method, used a backup of all my files from when the incident 1st happened, redownloaded all the smash material updates, dlc , smash selector, reinstalled the 1.1.6smashsaltysd update, and turned on luma code.bin, loading smash selector and loaded my modpack through there and loaded smash and it worked idk what exactly made it work but this is what made it work for me
Okay, what update were you using when you were having all of the issues, I kinda got lost in that paragraph...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: