ROM Hack Smash 3DS Texture Hack Thread

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fwiw, old ohana was never designed to be used for sm4sh mods. It just magically worked with the bch textures through conditioning and errors. Ohana Rebirth has texture support, but it writes the injected textures over the mipmaps/next textures due to the way bch works.

AManOfThings123456789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AManOfThings123456789
Don't worry, bud, I haven't forgotten about you.

Here ya go, Mr. Game & Watch, with bright fresh new colors!
View attachment 60527

AND A NEW AND IMPROVED HIGHER RES StrikeR Shulk!!!!
(With CSPs!!!!!)
View attachment 60529
View attachment 60530 View attachment 60531
Thank you so much! The originals look... sick I guess. But no they've got there colour back!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just thought, does Game & Watch still use a 3D model hats coded to flatted

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much! The originals look... sick I guess. But no they've got there colour back!

I just thought, does Game & Watch still use a 3D model hats coded to flatted
No, in the 3DS version and the Duck Hunt stage of Wii U at least (It could be all of Wii U too) he literally uses a 2D model. When you turn the camera, even though the background shifts, his perspective stays the same, like other 2D objects on Wii U and 3DS

Fun fact, everyone is squished to a plane on the Duck Hunt stage. And Game & Watch has only three textures, one is literally a 4x4 texture. So that's why unfortunately you can't really put a design on him.

CarlosDRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
[Request]
I would like to replace the peach's toad with toadbert and bowser with midbus. yes, im a Mario&Luigi Rpg series fan.

200px-Toadbertmlbis.PNG
250px-Midbus_Artwork_-_Mario_and_Luigi_BiS.png

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daisy :)

Are invisible textures possible?

The models are drawn with (mostly) one texture. Unlike the Wii U, 3DS models have all their colors on one texture, including any exposed skin and the like, and making a texture invisible would more or less take away ALL color from the model.

I don't think this is the same for Wii U, since the .nut files again, hold a lot more textures than do the 3DS ones, which much more plausibly includes a separate skin texture. But for 3DS, the skin texture would need to be made from scratch, and nothing else can go over that texture. The only reason I would think this is possible is because there are plenty different shader material on Wii U (Such as metal, cloth, skin, and neon: all of which is rendered differently): 3DS doesn't simply have that capability, so not only would it save more space to keep textures on a single file, but it'd also be a lot easier.

I may be wrong, but that's my experience with making Uncensored Bayonetta 1.

Last edited by Clouded Sun,

BrendanBeckmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I refined my Harambe mod for Diddy Kong. This is v2. I should be making a full release soon, not sure if I want to tweak it any further.

Attachments

• HNI_0020.JPG
    HNI_0020.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 217
  • HNI_0017.JPG
    HNI_0017.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 198
  • HNI_0018.JPG
    HNI_0018.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 190

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! It's been a while. Sorry for not updating the OP for a long time! Just letting you know that I'm still alive and that Project Dolphin is still a thing. Here's a little demo of Roy for you to get you hyped!

Attachments

• Roy Demo.zip
    984.1 KB · Views: 139

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so since I should be studying I don't have time to make anything so here let me upload something I made last night but never uploaded!
Genji colored Greninja!!I colored greninja after the cyborg ninja from overwatch Genji!
HNI_0043.JPG
HNI_0044.JPG
HNI_0045.JPG
HNI_0046.JPG

The models are drawn with (mostly) one texture. Unlike the Wii U, 3DS models have all their colors on one texture, including any exposed skin and the like, and making a texture invisible would more or less take away ALL color from the model.

I don't think this is the same for Wii U, since the .nut files again, hold a lot more textures than do the 3DS ones, which much more plausibly includes a separate skin texture. But for 3DS, the skin texture would need to be made from scratch, and nothing else can go over that texture. The only reason I would think this is possible is because there are plenty different shader material on Wii U (Such as metal, cloth, skin, and neon: all of which is rendered differently): 3DS doesn't simply have that capability, so not only would it save more space to keep textures on a single file, but it'd also be a lot easier.

I may be wrong, but that's my experience with making Uncensored Bayonetta 1.
yah we need an uncensored peach

Attachments

• Genji Greninja.rar
    226.8 KB · Views: 940
  • HNI_0047.JPG
    HNI_0047.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 211
  • HNI_0048.JPG
    HNI_0048.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 190
Last edited by EmulatorLover,
Reactions: Clouded Sun

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
;) Tried to strike a balance between PM and Smash 4. He's supposed to have a new dsmash and ftilt animation and Marth's dair, but no animation edits are doable for 3DS yet X(

PowerMiner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so since I should be studying I don't have time to make anything so here let me upload something I made last night but never uploaded!
Genji colored Greninja!!I colored greninja after the cyborg ninja from overwatch Genji!

I don't know anything about Overwatch but I love me a good Greninja mod, wonderful work!

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genji colored Greninja!!I colored greninja after the cyborg ninja from overwatch Genji!View attachment 60807 View attachment 60808 View attachment 60809 View attachment 60810

yah we need an uncensored peach

Hmmm... I heard on Wii U that you had to go into advanced files to remove the void under peach. And you had to edit something about the dress where it wouldn't constantly cover her legs. I'm not sure if it's possible on 3DS yet, but I can look into it.

Reactions: Garblant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1