ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My complete modpack that includes Melee inspired movesets and physics, custom textures, music, and sfx.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Melee master race.

lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But srsly, smash 4 iz bed. i took out the tr4sh.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strap in, because Melee Falcon is here! You can do reverse bairs, chaingrab, dash-dance, reverse knee, and taunt like a boss! OH YEAH! Included is my Melee Falcon mod, a preview of my Melee Mewtwo, some custom sfx for Mewtwo and Falcon, and physics edits in the param folder such as an extended dash-dance window, extended bufferable tech window, chaingrabbing, and lagless edges, with landing lag halved to Melee-L cancel landing lag for Falcon and Mewtwo. Enjoy! More is on the way! :D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byn6Z6b1RjrgTHFCNzh6cVlORWM

Put on the root of sdcard and load saltysd to play.

Last edited by gryz,
Reactions: Swiftloke

Zaaroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the male/female split characters have separate models? I believe that would be a param edit to add separate models.
I was thinking about something like this for voices, but my main concern is the model. For example, Mewtwo and Shadow Mewtwo. The thing on SM's shoulder can't be added with a simple texture edit.

I guess it isn't possible (yet). Don't know if it ever will be. Wii U gets all the fun.

Last edited by Zaaroar,

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I tried some model swaps with various characters and here are the results:
Luma over Lucario- Actually works. No weird stretching or anything. Instadeath if you pass under the ledge.
Timmy over Villager- Not recommended. Texture bugs out and none of the moves work quite right. Also performs the instant death bug. Crashes on victory screen.
Blue Pikmin- Not recommended. Texture bugs out and you seem to run right off the screen easily. No instadeath or crashing, so that's good right?
Dunban over Shulk- Freezes on stage loading screen.

Moral of the Story- It seems that fighter model swaps will only work if the model in question has a normal.vmt and even then it's not guaranteed to load.

Last edited by Omegablu,

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm trying to use Wii U texture hack, but they are uncompressed. Is there a way to create a normal.bch out of the multiple unarchived files?
Also, I know it is possible to add slots for character (in the c09/h09 and up slots) since the Wii U models does "appear" there (there just no character showing up in the character select and the default model is loaded.), but is it possible to change character slots of already made texture hack for 3DS by juct changing the file name? I remember that the .tex file must be modified or something.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use Wii U texture hack, but they are uncompressed. Is there a way to create a normal.bch out of the multiple unarchived files?
Also, I know it is possible to add slots for character (in the c09/h09 and up slots) since the Wii U models does "appear" there (there just no character showing up in the character select and the default model is loaded.), but is it possible to change character slots of already made texture hack for 3DS by juct changing the file name? I remember that the .tex file must be modified or something.
To place a texture in an extra slot, most guides on Wii U hacking will help. You need to edit on of the param files (can't remember which one) to add costume slots.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I want to specify that I only have Sm4sh on 3DS, not Wii U. On every Wii U guides, they do not specify which folder we should put the param files, because it does not use SaltySD.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh yeah I remember that. So yeah, I did it, but the Wii U character model still does not load as it should.

Edit: Oh I just found out that Wii U use .nut instead of .tex. I wonder if changing the filename will work.

Last edited by medoli900,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah I remember that. So yeah, I did it, but the Wii U character model still does not load as it should.

Edit: Oh I just found out that Wii U use .nut instead of .tex. I wonder if changing the filename will work.
3ds models and textures are completely different from Wii U models and textures.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I added a file in sound/vs that has peachs sounde effects replaced with daisys sound effects that is only used when its in her second skin but whenever I fight with another peach using the skin that has the custom sound effects the other peachs voice doesnt have any sound is this normal or is there a workaround?

RSU Games

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get victory themes to work. Are they supposed to go into the "bgm" folder?
Screenshot_10.png

Pictured above is said folder, and last 2 files are the victory themes. Custom music works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto