ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Any way to rise the volume of .nus3bank songs?
Before 1.1.4, I noticed some of the songs on my game were terribly low.

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to rise the volume of .nus3bank songs?
Before 1.1.4, I noticed some of the songs on my game were terribly low.
You would have to dump the song from the .nus3bank (way of doing so in OP), use foobar to convert them to wav or mp3, use Audacity or similar program to heighten volume, convert back to idsp, and inject back into the .nus3bank.

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You would have to dump the song from the .nus3bank (way of doing so in OP), use foobar to convert them to wav or mp3, use Audacity or similar program to heighten volume, convert back to idsp, and inject back into the .nus3bank.
Cool, I didn't notice there was something on the OP for it, guess I'll re-read and try it out, since at least half of my songs suck
Something weird happened when I tried to swap Mechanical Rhythm with Gaur Plains btw, only Gaur Plain would work for GP, and on MR, you could still hear Gaur Plains, I don't what was that about, same happened for Boss Battle 1 and Wrath of the Reset Forest.

ImmyG93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone made a 1.1.5 USA update compatible with Salty SD yet? Do I need to download another version of the "secret file"? Actually what is the "secret file" for anyways? I'm kinda confused as I've never used Salty SD before. This is in regards to my comment to making custom music for the DLC stages aka Midgar, Umbria, etc

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone made a 1.1.5 USA update compatible with Salty SD yet? Do I need to download another version of the "secret file"? Actually what is the "secret file" for anyways? I'm kinda confused as I've never used Salty SD before. This is in regards to my comment to making custom music for the DLC stages aka Midgar, Umbria, etc
The secret file is saltySD 1.1.4 but if you go on "That iso site" in the update cia section, there is saltySD 1.1.5 in the thread SaltySD 1.1.4

Last edited by Ordim3n,

ImmyG93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now I just follow the "Applying Patches" part of Salty SD to install the DLC stage music? Also, I noticed you can just upload your BRSTMs on the brawl custom music site, then choose to redownload it as a .NUS3BANK file instead of using python to convert. However, the sound quality is quite when I tried the custom music on the CIA of the game. If I followed the way of changing music here, would the sound quality be better? or would either way work?

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So now I just follow the "Applying Patches" part of Salty SD to install the DLC stage music? Also, I noticed you can just upload your BRSTMs on the brawl custom music site, then choose to redownload it as a .NUS3BANK file instead of using python to convert. However, the sound quality is quite when I tried the custom music on the CIA of the game. If I followed the way of changing music here, would the sound quality be better? or would either way work?
i recommand raising the volume of the music with audacity and then, convert to idsp and inject in the nus3bank

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question, how do i make model swaps.
Copy all of the files from one character's Model file (Files go Model, fighter, insertfighternamehere, then c00 and h00 for the default costume, c01 and h01 for the second costume, etc) to the other character's

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Copy all of the files from one character's Model file (Files go Model, fighter, insertfighternamehere, then c00 and h00 for the default costume, c01 and h01 for the second costume, etc) to the other character's
It just skips the model and load the default model

Last edited by Ordim3n,

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just skips the model and load the default model
Are you using the right costume? (c00/h00 for the default appearance, c01/h01 for the second option, etc.)

Could you also give an example of your file structure in the SaltySD folder?

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using the right costume? (c00/h00 for the default appearance, c01/h01 for the second option, etc.)

Could you also give an example of your file structure in the SaltySD folder?
i forgot to put it into the body folder and regenerate the cache.
For some reason, Ike X Donkey Kong works but Lucas X Bayonetta doesn't work (It crashes when i'm falling off the ledge)

Last edited by Ordim3n,

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i forgot to put it into the body folder and regenerate the cache.
For some reason, Ike X Donkey Kong works but Lucas X Bayonetta doesn't work (It crashes when i'm falling off the ledge)
A good 70% or so of all the model swaps won't work (crashing and whatnot), and even so most of them involve glitchy physics of some kind or crashing in certain circumstances. For a stable model swap, I've found mario over olimar and megaman over lucas to be pretty stable (Ive never crashed with them), while zsuit samus is HILARIOUS over Bowser, but crashes if you go into your shell (UpSpecial, DownSmash, etc.)

Things like that; you can't really tell until you try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head